Yes I was just wondering what might be wrong my 1 1/2 year old just had a poopy diaper and I had noticed there was blood and when I went to wipe there was also blood I dont know what might be wrong do you know what it might be? :-(

it could just be that your child has strained too much and it will be fine and heal very quickly but i would go to the doctors or see a nurse anyway just to make sure. kids are too important to risk

Hi there,
When it comes to toddlers and their stool you never can be sure. However, the color of blood might explain the cause of the problem. If the blood is birth red, than there is a possibility of a tear on the toddler’s bottom. This can happen if baby is experiencing constipation and is having a problem with passing a stool. Try to change the babies diet to make its bowel movement easier. This should eliminate the traces of blood in the dippers.
If the blood is darker then it might be even upper GI. This really needs a medical attention and it is important not to delay the visit.
Is your child crying when it has bowel movements?