my two year old has had this bowel problem for over a year. He strains in a corner or where ever. This happens at least 7 to 8 times a day. The odor makes me think he has a diaper full. When I change him, he might just have a stain or a little soft nugget. It is never hard, he is not constipated. I check him sometimes and can see it is right there. He has sometimes gone 5 days with nothing but a stain in his diaper or sometimes maybe a tablespoon size. He is constantly trying to go. HE IS NOT CONSTIPATED! Doctor is constantly trying to give him something to soften his stools. He is a good eater, eats lots of veggies, fruits. I have given him Karo dark syrup in his milk, juice and lots of water, just to get it to move for him. I don't feel like this is solving the problem because when we finally move it, then we start all over again. Could his bowel muscles be week? He is not holding it in as I have read so many children do. He tries hard to push it out and when he suceeds it is not hard but a soft clay substance. Please help.

Hi, Im going thru the same thing, my son is 3, and he will stand up turn red in face, and looks like he is holding it in, and when I change him its sometime alot, or just a little, but the smell is awful..have you had any responses???If so can you let me know..the dr. has no clue other then his eating habbits..but I dont think its linked to that. Thanks Sherri