Here is my problem. I have been having diarrhea for almost 2 weeks. At first I thought it was food poisoning because it has happened to me before, so I wasn't very concerned. During the period, I would often pass gas (very foul smelling) and go to the bathroom up to three times a day. However, three days ago I found blood in my stool. At that moment, it wasn't much just enough to appear on my toilet paper. Then, I went again, and gradually the blood started increasing to the point that I am bleeding a lot now. In fact, my entire feces is covered in blood and I only see blood on my toilet paper. The feces is in small red chunks and sinks into the toilet bowl. Also, before during the diarrhea stage, I didn't have any problem with defecation, now however I am struggling. My stomach is cramping and it is making weird noises and I am even having trouble passing gas. When I do defecate which is very frequently now, it comes out in small quantity and as mentioned entirely covered in blood. I always feel uneasiness and feel that I am not finished but it doesn't come out. When I push, I see blood dripping in the toilet bowl. I keep having to go back to the bathroom every 15 minutes.

I went to the emergency room immediately after I saw blood in my stool and they said all my tests are normal and it is only a case of unexplained diarrhea. When I asked what is the reason for the blood, they said during diarrhea irritation occur which leads to bleeding. Then, what about the cramps and the constipation? I don't think they know what was wrong with me so they just said it was diarrhea.

I am 21 years old, could it be colon cancer?

I have the exact same thing except I havent gotten to the point of completely bloody stool yet. For the past few months Ive had loose stool and the feeling that I wasn't finished in the bathroom. I also am very gassy and it smells very strange! Today I noticed small amounts of blood on my toilet paper and just now I had bloody diarrhea. This is the first time I've had bloody diarrhea, but not the first time I've seen blood on the toilet paper. I dont know what to do but I feel like something isn't right! Please let me know if you get anymore information on this!

HI! I am a 23 year old female with EXACTLY the same symptoms. Doctors aren't taking me seriously I feel, but this lifestyle is very debilitating. Have you found any answers or treatments for your symptoms itis????? I am desperate and don't know what else to do! THANKS for your help!!!!

You should all go to see a Gastroentrologist. Tell them your symptoms and that you are experiencing constipation and bloody stools, and they should perform a colonoscopy. They will be able to see if there is something going on inside your colon, it could be ulcers, diverticulitis, colitis, or an obstruction. That happened to me. I had endometriosis (I am female) and it had grown through my colon and into the inside of my colon wall and was causing me to block up. I just had colon resection surgery three weeks ago (open surgery) and am recovering now. I am starting to see a little bit of blood on my stools, but the surgeon said, a little is normal, as my bowel is healing.
Good Luck!

I have the same basic symptoms. I have had diarrhea for the last 2 weeks and the last week it has been bloody. FREAKED ME THE HELL OUT!! I will be going to the Dr. tomorrow. My symptoms are: Stomach cramping, gas, bloated feeling, little nausea, and diarrhea 5-6 times a day with blood mixed in and when I wipe.. its bloody also. Not bright blood, but a little darker like spagetti sauce. The stool is small loose pieces with blood all mixed in. cramping & blood getting worse, so I have to see a dr now. does this sound like a stomach bug? bacteria? cancer? am I going to die?

i have a similar problem. about 4 months ago i was admitted to hospital with SEVERE abdo pain. they didnt know what was wrong with me, since then, my bowel habits have changed and instead of having a big satisfying movement, its very small, very hard, andnever feels like if finished. i also get debiliating abdominal cramping after iv eaten, and today...iv noticed that my stools are COVERED in marroon coloured blood. and its on the toilet paper. im SO terrified. iv got a doc appointment tomorrow. bu they probably wont take me seriously as they havnt up till now.
very worried its something awfukl. im 22 years old

I HOPE YOU READ THIS

To girls who experiences those symptoms when on their period-------SERIOUSLY i am 100 percent sure you have what is called ENDOMETRIOSIS.
YOU DO NOT HAVE CANCER. I had these symptoms,my gynelocologist got me a pelvic sonogram and endometrial tissues were found all the way into my rectum! The tissues from the uterus growing more than they should and into other surrounding areas is what causes the weakness ,constipation ,blood in stool etc that goes on when you pms. You may even have an ovarian cyst. I had both problems,they found it on the sonogram ,did a laproscopic procedure and now im better. YOU MUST GET A PELVIC SONOGRAM. I know how painful it is ,i wish somebody posted this sooner,hopefully you are already better.

You all more than likely just have a colon infection. Prob. caused by c-diff. I am not a doctor but had the same symptoms and thought I was dying. The doctor said it could be caused by taking antibiotics, most commonly amoxacillin. I had just been on that a few weeks prior for sinus infection (rough month). The antibiotic kill the good bacteria in your colon. There is also other causes of a colon infection but this fit for me. They prescribed me some antibiotics that will kill the bad bacteria in my colon and restore the good. It seemed like it would never work but about 4 days later I started getting better. Hope this helps. You can look up more info on a colon infection... just google it.

Any of you with these symptoms have celiac disease? if not you might want to get tested for it. I do have it and i am not pursuing the strict diet as i am supposed to and i have a lot of the same symptoms you all described. the uncomfortable pain in my left side right under my rib cage (stomach) constipation spells followed by diarrhea spells. i feel bloated all the time of course and i have to push to go to the toilet. i have noticed blood. it is usually clear which is a good sign but sometimes i have these "chunks" i know i do have hemorrhoids as well (Am i charming or what? LOL) sorry i don't mean to make light of the issue i think i am just tired of it myself and its my way to deal with it. Anyways maybe you can check into the celiac deal and see if it can be the reason. I am going to try to stick to the diet and see. Good luck to you all and God Bless. 

My daughter has had this issue since May last year when she had severe pains, cramps, Bloated feeling, aBove naval and Below  CHEST AREA she was curled on the floor due to the pain which lasted 4 hours only to come Back the next day I found out aBout it  2 weeks later when she had one at home went to emergency 4 hours later was told IBS AND SENT HOME, IT CONTINUED THE NEXT DAY, WENT TO Gp GAVE GASVASCON 2 TABLETS AND BUSCOpAN INJECTION pain was leaving as we were there, have any of you Been given this to relieve the AINS, SINCE 2O1O SHE HAD pAINS OR STITCHES AS SHE WOULD SAY ON RIGHT SIDE DID A ULTRASOUND AND IT WAS CLEAR, SHE ALSO HAD BRIGH RED BLOOD, DOCTOR EXAMINED AND SAID  TEAR THE TOILET WAS QUITE FULL OF BLOOD DID NOT ASK US TO DO ANY TEST THIS WAS IN 2O1O. , SHE HAD THIS EPISODE BLOATED, CRAMY ETC FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MAY 2O12, DOCTOR ALSO GOT US TO DO FULL BLOOD TEST AND  CT. THE NEXT DAY, DID A BARIUM CT SHE TOOK QUITE SOMETIME TO FINISH THE BARIUM AND DID NOT HAVE MUCH OF A BREAK IN BETWEEN THE ULTRASOUND SAID . Recent scan  ON 2ND JUNE 12, WITH BARIUM  SAID ILL DEFINED pATCHY CALCIFICATION INFERIORLY IN THE RIGHT LOBE OF THE LIVER, NATURE IS UNCERTAIN.  MRI CONCLUSION WAS  NORMAL STUDY AND THAT CALCIFICATION IS BETTER SEEN IN CT. bLOOD TEST   iron 15, ferratin 41, HER  MCHC 31.2 g dL (32.O TO 36.O(,  MCH WERE SLIGHTLY LOW 26.9 (27.O TO 32.O( h 13.4 gdl that was don on the 19 of January 13, Celiac disease was tested and came out negative,

She had ains gassy etc on and off, she is constiated too, so started Prune juice, and then it turned out to Be runny JUST ONCE and nothing after that, YESTERDAY AND DAY BEFORE SHE HAD SEVERE BLOATING , GASSY FEELING BUT NOT MUCH WIND WAS PASSED SO GAVE HER MINTEC  PEPPERMINT OIL CAPSULE WHICH ASSISTED HER TO PASS WIND WHEN THIS  OCCURED ON fRIDAY SHE HAD SOME TOAST IN THE MORNING, KFC FOR LUNCH AND WS EATING SAVOY ISCUITS WHEN SHE STARTED WITH THE BLOATING ,GASS  FEELING ETC SHE FELT SHE WANTED TO GO TO THE TOILET BUT COULDNT, GAVE HER PRUNE JUICE THE NEXT MORNING IT WS LIKE DIARROHEA, JUST ONCE IN THE MORNING, THEN HER STOMACH LOOKED OK TOO, FOR BREAKFAST SHE HAD 4 SLICES OF TOAST, LUNCH WAS LAMBCHOPS , A LITTLE BIT OF ONIONS AND ONE SMALL OTATOE, WITH CREAM, ABOUT AN HUOR LATER SHE HAD ICE CREAM, AND IT ALL STARTED GAIN, SEVERE BLOATING, GASSY, WITH AIN ON STOMACH AREA, FELT  THE NEED FOR A BOWEL MOVEMNT BUT COULD NOT UNTIL LATER, IT WAS HARD, BUT SHE SAID SHE FELT LIKE SHE NEEDED TO DO MORE GAVE HER THE SAME MINTEC AND RUNE JUICE AGAIN.  SHE NOTED SHE CANT HAVE ANY FIZZY DRINKS OR  ALLBRAN S SHE USED TO EAT IT WITH MILK AND MILO AND HER BOWELS WERE REGULAR. TODAY SHE WENT TO THE TOILET STOOLS WERE DARK BROWN BUT HAD A LITTLE DARK RED BLOOD ON TISSUE PAPER, WHICH SHE SAID LOOKED THICK AND MUCASY LIKE A BIT OF A CLOT EFFECT JUST A BIT IT WAS HARD AS THE TOILET WATER WAS BLUE TO NOTICE IF THERE WAS BLOOD IN THE STOOLS,  I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE IBS TO YOU ALL, SHE HAS TO GO FOR A GASTROSCOPY, SHE DID A H PYLORI BREATH TEST AND IT CAME OUT NORMALBUT THEY WILL DO A BIOPSY, ALSO WILL BE DOING A STOOL TEST WILL THIS SHOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING SERIOUS IN THE BOWEL,  i AM REALLY WORRIED, SHE DOES NOT EAT MUCH, BUT HER STOMACH LOOKS SO PUFFY SHE IS ONLY 22 YEARS OLD, IFEEL SO HELPLESS,

IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME WHAT OTHER TEST CAN BE DONE TO CHECK FOR IBS OR IS THERE ANY OTHER TEST SHE NEEDS TO DO SHE DID A CREACTIVE ROTEIN TEST TOO, THIS MONTH AND ESR THEY WERE NORMAL INCLUDING B12 AND FOLATE, I CANT SLEEP, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO EAT IF IT IS IBS.  ANYONE WHO COULD SHED SOME LIGHT, OR ARE YOUR SYMTOMS THE SAME  THAT SHE IS GOING VISIBLE BLOATING AND NOT MUCH GASS BEEN ASSED  WHAT DO YOU ALL TAKE TO EASE YOUR  GASS ISSUES ARE THERE ANY OTHER HOME REMADIES THAT CAN BE FOLLOWED.  LEASE KEE US INFORMED MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL. hAVE ANY OF YOU HAD A GASTROSCOPY SEDETATED AND DOES THE BLOATING GET WORSE AS I HAVE HEARD THAT BLOATING CAN GET WORSE, WHEN YOU DO OERATIONS .

tHANKS

Heather- I am a 25 year old male who has been diagnosed with IBS recently and have had the same symptoms. I had blood tests and a colonoscopy to rule out more serious problems. I have been told with IBS everyone is different, you have to rule out certain foods on a trial and error basis. It is very frustrating and and scary at times and u never truly know if its something more serious. Perhaps keep a diary of the food u eat each day and the types of bowel movements. So far I have ruled out cauliflower, snow peas, capsicum and virtually all fast food.

Hi Ryan AND EVERYONE ELSE, thanks for taking the time to reply how long have you had your symtoms for, it is hard hers Began last year But she always comlained of cramps or stitches that would come and go on and off since 2O1O, FOR MEi think IT ALL STARTED since last year as she had races on since 2O11, and she did not eat as she normally did due to th B races i JUST DONT KNOW HOW YOU ALL HANDLE IT. sHE GETS REALLY IRRITATED WHEN i ASK HER HOW SHE FEELS AS i AM WORRIED, ANYWAY THE DOCTOR SAID THAT SE WILL GET ER TO SEE A DIETICIAN TOO, ONCE SHE HAS HER COLONOSCOY AND GASTROSCOY CAN THIS BOTH BE DONE AT THE SAME TIME TO MAKE IT EASY. DOCTOR ASKED HER TO AVOID COOKED ONIONS, LENTILS, BEANS, CAULI, BROCCOLIE, CABBAGE LETTUCE SOME EVEN SAY pRUNE JUICE BUT THAT ENABLES HER TO HAVE A BOWEL MOVING , DOCOT ASKED HER TO TAKE METAMUCEL, BUT IF YOU DONT DRINK IT SOON AS YOU MAKE IT IT TUNS INTO A TYE OF THICK JELLY DISGUSTING. i WENT TO THE CHEMIST AND THEY ASKED ME TO GIVER HER ibs SUppORT INNER HEALTH p LUS , IT IS ABOUT $28, ONLY FOR HER TO LEAVE IT IN THE CAR FOR 4 HOURS SO i HAD TO THROW IT OUT, ANYWAY WILL KEE YOU ALL INFORMED ONCE i GET HER TO DO THE OTHER TEST COLONOSCOY AND GASTROSCOY, BY THE WAY IS THERE ANY OTHER BLOOD TEST THAT NEED TO BE DONE gOOD lUCK TO YOU AL, AND IF YOUR DOCTOR IS NOT TAKING YOU SERIOUSLY IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE YOU KNOW YOUR BODY LOOK AFTER IT AFTER ALL YOU HAVE ONLY ONE CHANCE TO GET IT RIGHT. goD bLESS YOU ALL

wHAT IS A SONOGRAM IS IT LIKE A COLONOSCOY, IF THEY DO AN MRI OR CT WOULD THEY BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY IF YOU HAVE THIS ISSUE, AS THEY DID THEM BOTH AND CT SAID ARCHY LIVER CALCIFICATION BUT SHE HAD A BUSCOAN INJECTION AND GAVASCON TABLETS THE PREVIOUS DAY AS WELL AS SHE HAD TO TAKE BARIUM, BUT MRI SAID NORMAL STUDY, MY DAUGHTER GETS CONSTIPATION, CRAMS, GASSY, BLOATED FEELING BUT NOT DURING THE CYCLE SHE DOES GET PERIOD AINS, DID YOU GET ANY OF THE BLOATED, GASSY ISSUES, SHE HAD BRIGHT RED BLOOD IN 2O1O, THE DOCTOR CHECKED AND SAID IT WAS A TEAR AS SHE WAS CONSTIATED, BUT THE BLOOD WAS BRIGHT RED,THEY DID AN ULTRA SOUND THEN THEY FOUND NOTHING, SHE STARTED THESE GASSY, BLOATED, CRAMY FEELINGINGS IN MAY LAST YEAR ONE DOCTOR AT EMERGENCY SAID IBS, SHE HAD THE SAME ISSUE THE NEXT DAY LOCAL DOCTOR GAVE THE BUSCOAN INJECTION AND GAVASCON AND SHE FELT MUCH BETTER HAS HAD IT SINCE A FEW TIMES BUT TAKES MINTEC TABLETS GAVASCN OR HAS EERMINT TEA, SHE HAD THE SAME THING AGAIN IN JAUARY 25TH 26TH BUT SHE WAS CONSTIATED TOO, THEN SHE HAD SOME DARK RED BLOOD WITH A SMALL CLOT LOOKING THING ON THE TISSUE AS SHE WAS CONpSTIATED, SHE DID NOT HAVE HER PERIODS THAT DAY, DR ASKED HER TO DO A STOOL TEST BUT SHE WENT ON HOLIDAYS AND JUST DID IT IN MARCH 6 AND 7TH STILL HAS TO DO A 72 HR TEST, DID ANY OF YOU DO A STOOL TEST, SHE HAS A COLONOSCOY AND GASTROCOY ON MARCH 25 TH I AM WORRIED AS SHE DOES NOT LIKE DRINKING MEDICATED LIQUIDS TO CLEAN THE BOWEL HAVE ANY OF YU TAKEN TABLETS INSTEAD OF THE LIQUID, THE PHARMACIST. I DONT KNOW HOW LONG IT WILLTAKE FOR THE STOOL TEST TO COME BACK , THEY WILL BE LOOKING FOR BLOOD IN THE STOOLS TOO AS SHE HAD TO TAKE 4 SAMPLES AT 2 DIFFERENT TIMES, IF IT COMES CLEAR DO YOU THINK SHE SHOULD GO FOR THE COLONOSCOY SHE SEEMS TO BE OK AT THE MOMENT, tHANK gOD, AND SHOULD i JUST WAIT AND SEE IF IT WILL OCCUR AGAIN i AM WORRIED BUT IF THE STOOL COMES CLEAR THEY MIGHT NOT FIND ANYTHING EVEN IF SHE DID THE COLONOSCOY, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW , HER BOWEL MOVEMENTS ARE SMALL SOMETIMES CONSTIATED BUT SOMETIMES NORMAL BUT THEY ARE NOT BIG ONES i DONT THINK YO WOULD CALL IT A SATISFYING MOVEMENT , SHE HAS STARTED GETTING SOME LEMON AND CUCUMBER IN WATER AND DRINKING IT AND SHE SAYS WHEN SHE TAKES THAT IT ENABLES HER TO AT LEAST GO TO THE TOILET, EVEN THOUGH THERE IS NOT A LOT IN ONE MOTION. WOULD LIEK TO HEAR FROM THOSE WHO HAVE HAD A COLONOSCOY DONE, IF THEY TOOK THE TABLETS OR TEHRE EXERIENCE WITH THE LIQUID WOULD BE USEFUL. gOD bLESS TAKE CARE AND MAKE SURE YOU GIVE US FEEDBACK WHEN EVER YOU WRITE ON THIS WALL SO IT WILL ASSIST OTHERS HG

I've had the same problems mine has been going on for a week and the blood is becoming more and more everyday i dont want to get it checked though. I'm a 16 year old boy and my mom forced me to go a couple days ago and the Er doctor stuck his finger in my butt and im still having nightmares.He said he couldn't tell what it was and it's getting worse i hope you find out what it is

Hey man, I don't know if you'll ever see this, but I have the same problem as well, and am the same as you. I'm a guy, and turned sixteen little while ago, and am trying to get myself to talk to my parents or a doctor. I noticed the blood a while back, and thought nothing of it, but it's getting worse. I don't want to go to my parents just yet, and it's a small town, so I know all the doctors, and they'll deffinetely tell my parents. I am one of those worry about everything people, and so this is torturing me terribly, could you comment back, if you've found out anything. Please?