I had a tonsillectomy last July. My tonsils were a total nightmare since age 6. They were asymmetrical, the left side being much larger. I had constant strep/tonsillitis and had to excavate tonsil stones regularly. I had them out and naturally the tonsils were biopsied because of the asymmetry and the results revealed nothing more than just a crappy pair of tonsils.

A few months back I noticed that the left side which was location of the offending tonsil had become a little lumpy. I went to my doctor, she looked at my throat and said it was completely normal. A month went by and not only were they still lumpy, but now there was a white spot on one of the lumps. I went back to my doctor and after a look at my throat and gland check I was told that my glands weren't swollen so it was viral and would eventually go away. It didn't. I went back twice more seeing 2 different doctors and again: 'No infection'--'Glands aren't swollen'--'It's viral, it'll pass' blah blah blah.

Fastforward yet another month and another white spot appeared only this time, I noticed the original white spot now looked a lot like a whitehead. I grabbed a Q-tip and gently swiped at it. It came right off. I examined the end of the Q-tip only to discover that it was a tonsil stone! After nearly 2 decades of dealing with them, there was no mistaking when I saw it. I *thought* the tonsillectomy would rid me of these things, apparently not.

In the place where the tonsil stone had come from stood a little hole with more white behind it. I've since extracted 4 more stones from it over the last few days. Now, there's no semblance of white behind it and the little lump is nearly flat. There are however 2 more little lumps and I'm wondering if they too are filled with stones. I'm not entirely certain what this means. Has my ENT left behind enough tonsil tissue that nearly a year to the day more stones are forming? Perhaps the infection over the years on that side ran so deeply that the remnants are only now finally being expelled? Should I call my doc or just try to bypass them entirely and call the ENT?

tonsils can grow back.

A very small tonsil stone came out today, and I had my tonsillectomy less than a year. I'm not even sure if it was a tonsil stone, but it smells like one and the color is close.

Keep me updated please.

WOW. That REALLY sucks. I just got my tonsils removed about a week ago and I was wondering if this is possible and it seems you have confirmed it. I'm going to cry non-stop if I end up getting tonsil stones again.