hI,
i just found out that i have tonsil stones - at last i know what it is.
The last thing i read on this site was to jump up and down on a bloomin trampoline! My life is hectic< I manage a restaurant. I barely have time to sleep never mind jump up and down.
Please help with an easier solution. I want to help a friend as i believe they have the same issue. No matter how good your dental hygene is this crops up from time to time if you are prone.

kind regards,

Hi, Tonsil stones are an accumulation of lots of things from food to dead skin cells and bacteria, basically a form of plaque. The size depends on the size of the crypt and how long it has been collecting for, sinus problems can contribute to the problem but good oral hygiene and cleaning any noticeable discharge as soon as seen will help reduce the frequency and size of the stones. Some people recommend antibiotics. however this is not appropriate and will serve no use other than to help build a resistance for any future problems, others recommend tonsillectomy as the only treatment, however this too has been reported not to have solved the problem as crypts still remain, and the first line of defence - your tonsils - has been removed, therefore increasing the chance of a more serious infection, so prevention really is the only route of benefit in this case, hope this info helps

hi ya im 17 and i get tonsil stones to they are incurable but i find the best thing for me is to get a cotton bud n pick it out but it makes u gag or another eacy way of doin it is gargel for about 2 min ether with water or wid mouth wash hope iv helped , liz

I suffered from tonsil stones for 2 years before I found a cure...you DO NOT want to just wipe them off or pick at them. That will get rid of them for a while, but you'll still have bad breath and I used to make my tonsils bleed.
I started using TheraBreath mouthwash and toothpaste and I haven't had a problem since! Use it at least 2 times a day and you're problem is solved. You won't have tonsil stones and your breath won't smell. I also use the nasal drops and throat spray in case I can only do it twice a day.

You can get some of the products at drugstores or online at *******. It's a small price to pay for the results that you get. Good luck!

**edited by moderator ** web addresses not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use