Hi, I'm 25 yrs old, I have a history of really bad tonsillitus, and (think this may be linked?) I have also been getting tonsil stones for a couple of years. Initially they freaked me out as I didn't know what they were, but could feel and often see them before they finally came out in a whiffy horrible lump (eugh). Anyhow, I googled it and realised it was tonsil stones.

I have recently been getting repeated infections on the gums around my partly exposed wisdom tooth, this seems to have have increased the number of tonsil stones I am getting. They seem worse when the gums really swell up, and its very uncomfortable.

I have also have intermitent vertigo, really killer earache and sore throat, and have finger-tip sized lumps behind my ears which seem to break down or move when I press them. Sometimes in the mornings I cannot hear very well at all, and for a couple of weeks I have had a constant low bass humming noise in my left ear which is driving me crazy.

I'm now getting white spots on the surface of the tonsils too, and weirdly, if I tilt my head forward I get loads of water running out of my nose. (embarrasing in meetings, as have no control over it)

I dont want to go to the doctors, they make me feel like a stupid kid wasting their time before I've even sat down to explain whats wrong.
(My mother had serious mental health issues and the doctor seems to have tarred me with the same brush and has no time for me, so I really hate having to go there, it scares me)

Has anyone experienced any of these symptoms, and could there be a link? Most of all, is there ANYTHING that I can do to make this go away/Feel better? I feel rubbish! :?

Lindzebedee-
I had many of your symptoms for years. I'm talking about 35 years as I'm 50 now. I was like you and didn't want to bother and the Dr.'s didn't seem to think it was a big deal. Problem is that over time it can lower your white blood count so that your whole immune system is compromised. Your watery nose sounds like it may be happening with you a little already. I have felt run down for so long I can't remember feeling "normal" They had to rule out blood cancer and decided the tonsils must be the problem so I had them out a week ago. It is NOT fun to wait this long, better to do it when your body heals up quick.
I also have allergies and post nasal drip and occasional earaches. You could get tested for allergens and try to avoid them, or get treated for them. That's next on my list
Find a better Dr. that listens to you. It's your health and your body and they are getting paid to help you.

Hi there,

I had/have many of these symptoms, including tonsil pain, a weird cracking noise in my ear (that seems bizarrely under my control), throat pain, occasional tinnitus, and tonsil stones. I used to use tobacco so got freaked out and went to the ENT--that is a good place to start after you see your main doctor. He told me not to worry, that nothing was wrong. The symptoms continue despite numerous workups: normal neck CT, upper endoscopy, barium swallow, neurology exam, etc. The more you focus on them the worse they will see, so get cleared by your doctors first then get on with your life.

I have the vertigo too... and the symptoms of my stones seem mainly to be in my ear -- particularly my left ear. When I first started having these I assumed they were from my eustachian (ear) tubes. Doc tells me no way. Also tells me the vertigo is unrelated, but recently I had severe vertigo and then coughed up the stone a couple of days later and the vertigo disappeared.

Did you figure out what was going on? I'm having all of those symptoms, almost exactly as you describe and I don't know what's going on.

I seem to have a lot of the same symptoms, and finally gave in a few days ago and went to the doctor. She was baffled, and has taken blood tests. Her best guess was a Thyroid problem or Glandular fever.

I want it sorted whatever it is, cause I have felt horrible for months. It seems to be concentrated on my left side too. And have the same problem with wisdom teeth and gum infections.

i have a really dry back of the throat and the feeling something is caught down there also pain in the left side of the neck and ear .i have a goitre butno problems with it. my doctor has said tonsilitis but i dont have that now he says middle ear infection but i am at my wits end as this has beenan ongoing thing for ages also i have ablocked nose for half the day

I have had these same symptoms for way over a year now and doctor just keeps telling me its tonsilitis but when I am treated for it, it doesnt go away! I've had numerous blood tests and all come back fine :s. I am actually starting to panic now as I am only 21 and have no energy at all, feel like everything is a challenge. I keep going back to the doctors and just keep sending me away. Its getting stupid now...keep being told tonsils may have to be removed but come on how much longer do I have to wait! I feel like pants all the time :-(:-(:-(

scallywag, I have been having the same problems including no energy. I am going to have my wisdom teeth removed as I have heard others say it might help.

anybody seriously figure out what this is??? I have had tonsil stones for about 8 years now and last year, only in the winter, I had tinnitus. It got really bad one day towards the spring and then suddenly I got a salivary gland stone!! My neck swelled up when I was eating a nectarine and I had no idea what it was, so I went to the hospital and it was a salivary gland stone which I eventually got to pass with some essential oils and homepathics. After that the tinnitus pretty much cleared up.
Now, this winter, it started again. The tinnitus and now my right salivary gland always feels sore and lumpy and it is lumpy right behind my ear lobe. My ear always feels like I am about to get an ear infection but never really do.
It drives me crazy!!! I really don't want to have a salivary gland stone again...that was hell. If anyone has any word, let me know!

1Hello - Tonsil Stones are YEAST COLONIES. Our bodies are full of candida or an overgrowth of yeast. Please research Dr. Natasha Campbell McBride and her books and other authors on yeast and what it does to our bodies. There are numerous symptoms and we have to attack with huge amounts of probiotics and diet very low on sugar and complex carbs to build up the good bacteria or gut flora in our system - makes our immune system strong. Good luck!

I have been facing these problems. I have been on my period, so I have been taking pamprin. For a few days I have been having this funny feeling that something is caught in my throat. I just thought it was the pills. But the feeling isn't going away. My nose has also been running a lot. I don't have a cold and my allergies and asthma ain't acting up. So I have been looking on google. I seen this and now think I have a tonsil stone. (I have strep a lot and have tonsillitis a lot too)

i to am having these tonsil stones as a they call them and i have been having them for a very long time,but finaly went to a dr who said the tonsils have to come out now before things get worse,i have to have my adenoids taken out then also,im also having swallowing problems and it feels like my right lymph node is feeling the effects from the throat infection but hopefully it will all be over after surgery may 26 th 2009.thank you sharon

In March 09 i decided to get the Flu shot due to me always getting the flu, sore throats, middle ear infections etc etc.
Since having the flu shot things have been worse. Since March i have had more than 8 bouts off illness, sore throat mainly. All the doctors seem to do is give you another tablet to try.. They are just not working.
Only yesterday i went to another doctor who has taken two throat swabs. I can feel on each side off my throat up near my tonsils two small glands, that always seem to be swollen.
I also have the slight ringing on my right ear, i think i have a middle ear thingy happening. I often get that sickness in the tummy associated with it. >:(
Its not even winter yet & I have been sick more than ever in my life. I am certain the 2009 flu shot has done me more harm than good.

I will never have it again.. goodness only know what mixture they will put in it next year... :-S

I agree that your immune system may be low, but one thing really scares me. When you put your head down, water runs out of your nose. This can be VERY SERIOUS and have nothing to do with the problems you are having now. My recommendation is to get that looked at right away. DO NOT DELAY.