Hi I have had a lump at the back of my throat for a year now, and little white odour balls comes out every day.I went to ENT consultant and he said my tonsils were okay but I should get a nose op as I broke it 5 years ago and its causing problems with me breathing.But my tonsil is still having these white balls coming out of it and the tonsil is out of its pocket now.So now I have a big, prune like tonsil sitting at the back of my throat and ENT arent doing anything about it.What can I do next? I have tried to push it back in, which caused it to bleed a little.Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks Mayshe. :idea:

Hi, I know what this look like, I had the same thing in my throat, my tonsils were very enlarged and painful, and these had some holes in them, which were filled with white stuff which was awfully smelly, when I dig it out, it would stink as hell, it was unbelievable. It is just that my tonsils had to be removed immediately. If you also have the same thing, you wait any longer, visit another ENT if the one you have visited isn’t responding to what he saw in your throat, you just have to make your throat clear as this could be the cause for some other complications in your organism. I remember I had problems with my joints, both in legs and arms, I was told these were painful due to problems with tonsils. When I removed my tonsils, I never had problems with joints again. I think diagnosing tonsillitis will be the right thing to do so that you can start solving your problem as soon as possible, until it affects the other parts of your body. Have luck with the treatment.

Thanks Heather for your reply!

I think I will go and see another ENT just for a 2nd opinion.I am not keen to get my tonsils out but having the tonsil out of the pocket is annoying.My blood test came back clear saying my tonsils was fine thats what I dont understand.But I thought I would just have to live with it as ENT said to me.But I will see if I can get to see another one.

Thanks for your advice! Very helpful,

Mayshe XD

Oh my god! I thought I was the only person on earth with this problem. I have little white balls that come out of the pockets in the back of my throat! I HATE THEM! The stink bad!

Whatever you find, please keep it posted.

Ok, you guys need to do your research. Ive had this happening to me for a year or so now and actually have had the condition diagnosed. Its called Concretions or tonsil stones. There is nothing wrong with your tonsils. The reason they occur is due to bad bacteria or pieces of food being caught in your tonsils "crypts" (the holes) and this is then calcified, leaving behind the annoying smelly stones. Its a fairly rare condition and having it myself i know how annoying it can be. Generally i use a q tip and get them out of there. Its very very annoying but theres no reason to get your tonsils removed.
Think of it as a good thing, means your not going to be getting sick as often as others because its picking up bacteria and nuking it.

Hope ive been of some assistance, if you need to know more google "concretions"

Thank you all for posting this most reassuring information. My ENT visit was unsuccessful as well, saying there was nothing abnormal about my huge, protruding tonsil, and that he'd have to perform a biopsy the next time one of the awful balls showed itself.

One thing I may add, now that I know I don't have some unknown, mutant, incurable case...watch for slight coughs that dislodge the horrible creatures. Be sure and cover your mouth 100% of the time, which I'm sure you all do...

I try to keep ahead of the projectiles and watch for them, and dislodge them with several Q tips. I use several, as I try to keep the operation as sanitary as possible. I also gargle with one of the more pleasant Listerines. Best to you all, Comrades.

I'm ecstatic to know I'm not the only one. I have an ENT appt next month and fear nothing will happen. Is there a natural cure? I'm hoping the holes will close up by avoiding solids for a few days. HELP!

I am so grossed out by this discovery and was thinking I was developing some strange alien disease. My doctore explained to me about the pockets but when I look in the mirror, well, it's just gross to see stuff coming out of your throat like a big zit in your throat!! Sorry to be gross but, um, strange chuncky balls coming out of your tonsils isn't exactly pleasant to begin with. Thank you for reassuring me I'm not decomposing from the inside out or come down with some strange disease!!! I will keep with the Listerine though as it's always helped my throat infections so it's obviously killing something.

I recently went to the doctor because of a small pea sized white ball that kept forming in my throat / tonsil. Every month or so, I would cough it up, and it stunk!

The doctor told me it was a food concretion, and the cure: Waterpik. He told me to buy a Waterpik and spray the infected area once a week. I did it for a couple of weeks, and have not had any grow back since.

Hope this helps!

I have had this condition for about 6 years now. I am 27. It started when I had strep throat real bad. My tonsils got really big and split open and formed craters. Once I get better and my tonsils got smaller the holes got a little smaller but still remained. Ever since then I get these pus balls in the back of my throat. I know I have one because I can actually smell/taste it. Kinda gross I know. I keep my flashlight handy and a big paperclip that I unfold. I use the unfolded paperclip to dig it out. Then I gargle for a min or so with Listerine to fight off infections. Thats what I have found to get it out. I will have to try the water pik though.

I visted the ENT surgeon after repeatedly getting Tonsilitis about 6 - 8 times a year since I was 23 (that is now 7 years ago). The ENT surgeon told me that I have pocket tonsils which are more susceptible to getting infected and he actually recommended getting them out to reduce the infections. I have only had tonsil stones once, but seeing as I was not previously suspectible to Tonsilitis when i was younger I am led to believe that my tonsils have changed shape with the growing number of infections.

I have my surgery scheduled for a few months time, and can not wait to get rid of them. Getting them removed would remove any future tonsil stones, or having to use q tips, which i hardly think is healthy either, I know i nearly throw up when something lodges at the back of my throat let alone digging it out.

You definitely are not

its tonsillilith search the term

TONSILLOLITH google it

I think I would use something much softer than an unfolded paperclip.