Hello. I am a little over one month post op from a coblation tonsillectomy. I went back to the doctor after 2 weeks and he confirmed that I was healing nicely, and I felt really good. I have been feeling completely fine until yesterday morning I woke up and my throat was nearly swollen shut. I have as much pain swallowing as I did during my recovery. The pain is mainly on the right side and when I look back there I see a sore in the spot where my tonsil was. I am so confused because I had been feeling back to normal. Now, I am back on my pain medicine and nearly in tears (just like a week post op). Is this normal?? Could it be infected??

Any help would be SO appreciated!

Tomorrow is Saturday, and I am debating calling my doctors emergency line, it hurts that bad!

Call your doctor.

You should not experience a sudden relapse of pain. It is possible that there is an infection or it could be something else that is causing the pain.

If you feel as though your throat is closing, don't even hesitate, call your doctor immediately.

Hope you feel better.

Hey! I experience this as well! Did you get any answers? Mine was fine for a few weeks then it started to hurt some! I went to Dr for upper respiratory infection which is cleared up now but I have a white throat and white spots where my tonsils were! I called Dr but can't get into to see him til monday! So I am curious what you found out