Hello. I'm 28 year old mother and I'm pretty worried for my son.
You see, he’s only seven years old but he’s been having big problems with recurrent streptococcal infections of throat.
Sometimes, symptoms are so bad that he started to suffer from problems with breathing caused by swelling of the tonsils.
Not only that- he recently also started to suffer from strong backache. Please tell me what could be the cause of all this.
He received antibiotic treatment several times now and the relief was present only during the treatment! What you suggest I could do? This got me really worried!

Hi. I'm very sorry about your son but you must know that it is very common problem with kids his age.
I really don’t know the reason but some kids are just more susceptible on these throat infections and suffer from it really often. Indications for tonsillectomy are recurrent frequent tonsils infections. When I say frequent- I mean at least three times a year for at least three years. Sometimes, removing of tonsils is only possible cure- I'm very sorry.
You asked about his back.
Well I really doubt it has something to do with his throat. You will be sure if you take him to see some physician for a proper evaluation! Good luck!

Hopefully you are seeing the same Doctor for this issue with your son. It is important for the childs complete medical history to be intact when you have an issue like this. I hate to say it but some Doctors (the Doctors you visit one time like in an Urgent Care facility) will treat the syptoms but not make a call as to whether or not the tonsils should be removed just because they are not your regular Doctor so with that said, I urge you to make sure you visit your regular pediatrician for this and ask him what is the protocol for having the tonsils removed to stop this! Also keep this in mind (previous post):

You CAN get strep after the removal of your tosils!
I urge everyone to be leary of Doctors that dismiss it just because your tonsils are removed. There are other complications that can occur from untreated strep that are dangerous like Rhumatic Fever which can cause heart problems and you will be on antibiotics for the rest of your life! Sure the Doctor will say the chances of getting Rhumatic Fever is around 1% but do you want to be in the 1%? Consider the number of cases of strep! The statistic are not what matters, it's the 1% that matters! The tonsils serve a purpose of intersecting bacteria to help ward off sickness and if they get sick and need removed so be it! But I urge anyone that has a sore throat that comes on suddenly and gets progressivly worse throughout the course of 24 hours, please do not dismiss it just because you have no tonsils. Go to the Doctor and have a culture done. If your Doctor has to send your culture out and your throat is worse then next day, call them and push them to get the results back ASAP! It's better to be safe than sorry!