Hello. Can anyone help or give me some advice? I am on Day 14 of my Tonsillectomy and was told I would be completely normal again by this day. Ha! The ear pain is horrible, the jaw pain so much fun, and it still hurts to swallow. I also feel nauseaous when I wake up from the pain and am not better till' I take the Hydrocodone. I thought by now I would be off the pain meds. I also had Sinus Surgery at the same time and am trying to recover from that as well. Thanks in advance!

Amy

Oh, my, I'm sorry you're having pain.

Similar surgeries of the mouth and throat take a couple weeks to heal and make it so that you can eat normal food. I know it's not the same thing, but when I got my wisdom teeth out, it took a while before I could eat solid food because the injury still hadn't healed. Perhaps you'll just have to wait a few more days.

However, if you're still not well by day 14, since they gave you 10 days, see your surgeon and make sure that everything's healing properly.

I just had my surgery today... took about an hour for the actual act, then an hour in stage 1 recovery and 2 hours in stage 2, before my wife and I went home. The morphin was nice (my first experience)... though I don't remember much.

I'm taking 2 days off school (college) and 3 days off work (as a cashier/stocker). This counts surgery day.

Are these unrealistic expectations of being able to work? I'm not saying full recovery, but reduced pain meds (so I can drive) and be able to work without much problem (I stand for 7 hours is all).

Any input would be appreciated by e-mail as well as post: jake down here af hotmail dit com (w/o spaces, replacing af w/ at and dit w/ ".").

Thanks!

Jake

Your going to need a minial of 7 days, and that's just to see where you are. I'm on day post op day # 8 and I'm taking two weeks total.

Even though this thread is almost 2 years old, i have just had my tonsilectemy on the 2nd of august and im on the 2nd day now and my throught is really sore but i am eating stillbut i think if doctors didnt create the antibiotics and the pain killers that we use we would not survive this and would probably die of starvation. just wanted to post a little comment and btw im 13

I went back on day 9 and wasn't ready. I started feeling better at about day 12.