could those of u who've had ops to remove scar tissue please provide the names and location of surgeon. This information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Jason, removing a scar is a very difficult operation and unfortunately, doing it is not possible. I wish that it were because I have a pretty nasty scar on my hip from a bike accident but the most they can do is sand it down and smooth it out but it will still always be there. Are you looking to get it reduced maybe?

thanks for your reply. my scarring is internal from a tonsillectomy, causing all kinds of problems. Have read about others with similar issues that had procedures to deal with it. Would love to know who did these ops and where.

Ah okay, I'm sorry, I totally misunderstood the context of your post. I am not familiar with that sort of procedure. Sorry to bother you! :)

I am looking into this same issue for my 19 year old son. How old are you Jason? What are the issues your scar tissue is causing? My son cannot blow a wind instrument and food and water sometimes comes up through his nose. His voice is nasal.

Several doctors have suggested cortisone shots. All have warned against surgery for at least a year following the tonsillectomy. One doctor suggested gently massaging the scar tissue (inside the throat). We are trying to decide what to do right now.

Hi just noticed your post or would have replied sooner. I am 38 and had the op several years ago. My issues seem similar to your sons but over time the injured muscle seems to have had an effect on other muscles in my jaw and neck as they are all related and interconnected. I too have problems with food and liquids going up the back of my nose and a very difficult problem with postnasal mucus clearance down my throat. Lovely, I know. Anyway, I too have heard about steroid shots and am open to it but have found dealing w/ the ent community most frustrating. Have gotten six wildly different opinions from six different docs, often contradictory but if you have had a positive experience with one it would be great to hear about it, particularly regarding the steroid shots. In my research that seems to be promising and I'm going to be pursuing that option in the near furure. By the way, I think the technical term for what your son is experiencing is velopharyngeal insufficency, which some ent docs wont even acknowledge as a possible complication. In any case, hope your son improves and would love to know if you find any treatments that are successful. take care. Jason

Hi Jason, I would really like to hear about that s well. Has anyone gotten any steroid shots or does anyone have a perspective to share for us? Thanks!