Hi, I'm 14 years old. About half year ago I shaved my legs. Don't ask why. And now I'm considered about how hairy are my legs. Is it true that shaving makes you more hairy or is that just part of puberty. I mean there're lot of hair down there. I Don't think this is genetical, because my dad isn't so hairy 

Hi Yan,

Shaving doesn't make you more hairy but it does cut off the finer ends of the hair so what grows out is thicker.  It will eventually fall out on it's own and be replaced with a newer hair.

Many guys get very hairy legs during puberty.  You may/may not outgrow it.  It's not just your dad's genes that play a role, it's your mother's too. 

You also see your legs from a different angle than that of your dad's.  They may appear more hairy because of that.

Hope it helps.

Celebrity
I never understand why 14-year-old boys don't like having hairy legs, when I was 12 and had no hair on my legs I so much hoped that I would be among the boys who had hairy legs when they were 14 or 15, my wish came true as within two years I had the hairiest legs in my class at school.

Like for girls, preferences, influence, aesthetics, at least there's less pressure to do so, though. It's just like a haircut or a style and it's not permanent (:.
Like the medics said, most of what many people see as thicker hair is sometimes just a blunt cut or if it's actually thicker hair it's very unlikely an effect of the razor, but of puberty. Once one lets hair grow back, the effect is minimal at most and might remain just a bit less fluffy and soft than unshaved hair, but not really hairier the least :).

Perhaps the recent trend of boys and men shaving their legs is coming to a end, only seen very boys that don't have hairy legs, apart from club swimmers and club cyclists I have not seen any guys without some hair on their legs.

Where I live I see many, at gym, where I saw many who do everything, including their arms, but also on streets, probably depends on places so. I'd say some like hair and some don't and some partially shave or wax. I'm not even hairy personally, as I mentioned, I follow my personal style, keeping what I have on my arms and legs, which is not very much, though it's dark, but I prefer shaving it off my shoulders and feet, as I don't really like the look of it, there (:. In summer I sometimes do my chest and underarms more often, but not for long time. It's no big deal at the end what any of us chooses. It's quick and doesn't hurt me. I might observe others, but don't care about their preference, dunno, you might see it as too compulsory or fad like and I agree people tend to follow fads too much, instead of forming a personal aesthetic, though enviromnent can and do influence us.

You are correct, I think that it does depend where you live, I live in Scotland UK, it has a reputation of having a lot of men who are on the hairy side, I have only seen a few cyclists who definitely shave their legs, even at the gym I go to on a Thursday there are very few people who are competly hairless.