Hello. I'm 17 year old female and I have some questions to ask. I'm interested to find out more about why tooth is causing so much pain when is broken or attacked by carious.
I'm interested in this because just recently the extreme pain woke me in the middle of the night and it was caused by one impacted tooth. The pain was so strong that my whole face has been swollen. My mother took me to some dental specialist and he put a new filling but the pain was still present. I don’t know what to do about this. I'm on antibiotics since then. I can't believe that this simple and tooth can cause so much problems. So, if anyone knows more about this- feel free to write about it.

Hello. I'm very sorry that you have these problems with your teeth but I can tell you- you’re definitely not alone with that problem.
Many women say tooth pain is worse then having a baby.
It can keep someone up all night and, I don’t want to scar you but, the lack of sleep combined with a toothache can drive a person into a deep depression. The pain, in most cases, is from dying or dead tooth. Every tooth has a small nerve in it and that it causing that excessive pain. A deep dental filling that comes close to the tooth nerve can insult the tooth.
But there are several other conditions that can cause this kind of pain. The most common of them is sinus infection.
The maxillary sinus affects the upper back teeth whose roots often extend into the sinus.