Is removing of impacted wisdom tooth always necessary? What is the common cause for wisdom tooth to get impacted? My brother just pulled both upper out. It was terrible. I would like to know more about it.

Yes, as soon as it is determined that the wisdom teeth are or will become impacted, they should be removed. Sometimes the impacted wisdom tooth may be the source of the pain, while other times there may be an infection associated with it and people often mistake soreness of gum tissue overlying their wisdom teeth as an effort by the teeth to erupt. Removing an impacted wisdom tooth before the roots are fully formed is easier and less traumatic and usually patients having impacted wisdom teeth removed in their mid-teens heal more rapidly and have a shorter and less complicated postoperative recovery.