I am scheduled for surgery on the 22 of January, and I am losing my mind prior to surgery. I am unsure what to expect, I get anxiety with people hovering over me. I know that I will be under anesthesia, but wondering will it last the whole surgery? I am scared that I will have a breathing tube placed in order to have this procedure done.... I guess I am just nervous of it all.

I know that this is a must, over the last 10 years all my thyroid has done was grow and its continuously growing. I have gotten biopsy's throughout the years and so far I have been cancer free, but my PCP and Surgeon is afraid that it may start to effect my breathing.

I am nervous .....  

I understand the anxiety you have for going into surgery.  Usually the surgical team is very nice and reassuring the whole time you are awake.  You will not be conscious for very long after getting into the room.  Just relax and you will be unaware of anything going on as far as the breathing tube or anything about the surgery.  You will just go to sleep and you will wake up like no time has passed.  This feeling always scared me but I find out everything is done.  You shouldn't be in pain afterwards.  You will do just fine.  I wish you good luck with the procedure.