my sister passed away during a total thryoidectomy. she was transfused with blood on the third hour of surgery. what could be the cause of her death?

Carla.......so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine loosing someone so close to me, and during an operation that you assumed was not high risk. I am not a professional, so could not hazard a guess,,,,,,,,,I hope you have asked the surgeon for an explanation,,,and perhaps have gotten the records from the hospital or medical examiner. If this was recent, take time to grieve, and take care of yourself......How old was your sister? Have you joined a bereavement group? It might help. God bless. My heart goes out to you. Hazey

Hello there,

I am so sorry for your loss and I hope that you have find out what was the cause of your sister’s death. I also have sister and I even can’t imagine how hard it must be to lose someone who is everything to me. Since some time has passed from that unfortunate event I hope that you have been dealing with that pain and that you are better. After all she has gone to the better place and you know how they say about dying young.

I am aware that every procedure has its own risks and since my cousin is going to the partial removal of thyroid I sincerely hope everything will turn out just fine.