Hi, I hears that there are specially trained toxic nurse practitioners which are able to provide you help in cases of poisoning with chemicals or drugs and terrorist attack. Do they provide help with permanent poisoning or exposure to a toxic substance too?

Hi, I have been doing nursing job for 20 years and any good nurse should assist you in any kind of trouble. I didn’t hear about that specialization for nurses, but since world is becoming more polluted and risk of being exposed to toxins is such high, there is certainly a need for trained professionals. To be a good nurse, one must enjoy helping people and have a caring attitude. In this particular area of work, life of nurses can be endangered too, and they may be in situations to deal with all kinds of people. Some patients are unaware how harmful poisoning can be and some are not willing to cooperate, thinking that doctors are overexagerating.