Just a few days ago my partner and I were hanging out at his house. He found a bug around his crotch. It was kind of clear/yellowish? and had dark spots on it. We thought we had crabs somehow. His roommate said they were bedbugs. They aren't bed bugs from what I can tell because they haven't grown or gotten dark like bedbugs. We don't think they are crabs because they are being found everywhere (Arms, legs, groin, chest) His whole body is itchy.

That night we went straight out and got RID for lice. used it. washed EVERYTHING for 8 hours. scrubbed his mattress, washed sheets, clothes. pillows. Thought they were gone. He is still finding them on his body! 1 yesterday, 2 today. However After coming home and washing all my things and using the shampoo again. I haven't found anything. I'm just itchy and my skin is dry from the shampoo.

I thought they might be bird mites. but I don't know. Bed bugs? Bird mites? Lice? They are small. kind of yellowish clear with dark spots. and when we found them on out bodies they look like tiny little scabs that you have to peel off, they are flat and just stuck to the skin.

I really need help because even though after leaving his place I haven't found anything on me, he has on him. And even after spraying lice and bed bug spray all over his house. he still has them. He didn't find them on his dogs though but that could just be an over site. He is going crazy itching and worrying. I need help for this. It's definitely some kind of little bug. But neither of us can really afford to get an exterminator or go to a doctor right now. Can anyone help or offer advice? I will appreciate whatever you can do for us.

Obviously you have access to an online computer. Why don't you start Googling for pictures of the bugs you think they might be?
My first thought was bed bugs too.

I have looked up pictures, and descriptions. Which led me to believe it was bird mites. But someone said it wasn't as its winter. I narrowed it down to crabs or bird mites and honestly don't know what else it could be. I tried googling the description but I mostly got bed bugs. Which I really don't think it is. It looks more like a tick. And not a bed bug at all.

I'm not experienced with crabs or lice but they use a very fine comb to find evidence of them in hair/fur. I think they are so small you almost need a magnifying glass to see them. gteeing rid of them is a days long process because you can only kill the live ones and they lay eggs. You have to wait for the eggs to hatch to kill the offspring and you have to get them before THEY lay eggs.

Bed bugs are what you find in rooms and I don't think they stay on you. They come out at night while you are sleeping and take a few bites, usually three, then go away.

I live in prime tick country, the kind that carry Lyme disease. They are really prevalent in the Spring but we do find them all Summer. They wait for you in grassy/bushy areas and hop on when they feel your warm body coming by. After they get on you they migrate toward warm, moist areas to attach themselves. So they can often be found in the crotch area but they are not always that fussy and sometimes dig in on legs and arms and torso. They begin as tiny things not much larger than a period but most of the ones I've found on me are big enough to see easily, about as large as a lady bug.

The biggest problem I have with identifying ticks is that I know some of the ones I get are Deer Ticks but most of the Deer Tick pictures I can find on line sure don't look much like them. The others are Dog Ticks and those are a little easier to identify. the online pictures resemble them a little better. So if the online pictures of other bugs are as bad, I don't know that you have much hope for finding something that looks a whole lot like what you have.

My wife works in a pet store and she gets bird mites once in a while. We have never been able to actually see them. She knows it by the itching. She takes care of the birds in the morning then works the register all day so maybe they simply leave her body before she comes home or maybe they are too small to see. When that happens they close the bird room for about two weeks while they get rid of them.

I once had a Boa Constrictor that had mites when I got it. I was able to see them and I don't remember them being interested in me at all.

Im afraid it a bad case of crabs itching and the fact der stuck to the skin like scabs is a sure sign and way to know is to remove one and examinin it on the tip of ur finger if it has a crab shape appearance then u no where ur going...

you are getting bites that resemble a mosquito bite but are not from a mosquito and you do not see anything that could be the culprit it is most likely due to a type of mite or mayb bed bugs but you should be able to see a bed bug they are about the size of a tiny (seed tick). Both like to bite under clothing or in areas that are sweaty or where your skin creases. Bed bugs tend to bite in a line however mite bites are very similar. Dont bother going to a doctor for a diagnosis they will simply tell u it is infact an insect bite, have u been outside ,i wouldnt worry about it and write u a script for anti itch cream. They are unable to tell u what kind of insect bite. You would think they would take it seriously and get a skin scrapping and look at it under a microscope but that would take multiple visits I'm sure so don't waste your money on doctors but instead on solutions! Either way I can help u get rid of whatever the heck it is be it bed bugs or most probably MITES! I had this same problem so trust me I know what u are going thru. it seems like they will feed and you will wake up with about 6 bites sometimes more then they won't bite for a few days then they are back again! And they may even spare your bed partner! thats the crazy thing i was getting bit a whole 2 weeks before my boyfriend who was sleeping right next to me!After extensive reading on the subject i finally found some info. I tried the diatomaceous earth crawling insect killer for indoors and outdoors from lowes as well as the hot shot bedbug and flea spray both of these were under 30$ at lowes and were recommended to work however this did not do the trick for me. Later I discovered a product very similar to what is used by major extermination companies. This finally did the trick for me after lots of trial and tribulation with other household remidies and off the shelf products These things are a pain in the rear to get rid of I know so I want to help you with this problem. I can get u the remedy for a fraction of the price u would pay to get a professional extermination which may not even solve your problem because it is not specific to your case. And the people have not been thru what u are going thru.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hope this helps, Dianna

Shabaka it really sounds like bed bugs in ur case they can be clear or dark depending on if they are full of blood or not but the fact that u can actually c them makes me think it bed bugs ( put one of them in a.bag) look at it under a microscope and try to identify it yourself by matching it up to pics on Internet

Shivalia sorry dumb auto correct made me sound like a hole in previous post :)

I have the same problem and don't know what they are. They aren't bed bugs I've had them before. I've also done pest control for 3 years and have never seen these before. They're small clear with like black spots/strips on them. I'm itching everywhere.

I have them too. It's driving me crazy! I've had them once before about 10 yrs ago. At that time I was heavy into meth. I am completely sober now including alcohol and cigarettes. It's the same feeling I had before though. It feels like they're all over my body including in my mouth, eyes, nose, ears, and eyebrows. I've tried rid, and a few other things with no luck. When I feel crawling I scrape and pinch the spot. My fingertip gets really hard but all I see is are red specks. My wife thinks I'm going crazy, but I know I'm not. I have two kids, one who sleeps w/ us, and one on the way. It's driving me nuts, worrying if they'll get them. My anxiety is back worse then ever. It feels like people can see them, and are grossed out! Why can't I see them? Why can't I get rid of them? I need help! Last time they almost drove me to suicide. Does anyone have any answers? Or how they got rid of them? Please help me!

try hydrogen peroxide diluted with water on your body. add to bath water also. use diluted ammonia in laundry and put in spray bottles to spray everywhere and to clean with also. always use tissue to pinch or scratch spots. discard and spray with ammonia. take out trash every day and spray cans with ammonia. u can rinse mouth with diluted peroxide. i still have them but seems to be getting better. still have problems in my eyebrows, ears, nose and eyelashes. scalp too! sulfur soap has helped. hand sanitizer helps. no one else in my family has any symptoms. just me. seems to get worse when i eat fruit???? also use bleach to disinfect tub and sink and drains. olive oil rubbed on skin makes them come out. not sure if this really helps.

Bukuegrotesk, have you had any luck?? I have the same problem. My 3yo sleeps with me and I'm so scared he will get infected too. Has anything helped you ? I'm hoping the winter might make it go away. Please let me know. Thank you.

Go to Med Help site -- the dermatology community. Read Wodin620 response to Lee 357 email. On the advice of a friend, he used vinegar and bleach to rid himself of mites. Apply vinegar to skin. Let it dry for several hours. Wash off. Apply bleach. Let it dry for several hours. Wash it off. Repeat as necessary. If your skin itches, apply skin lotion. If this process harms you, don't use it.

What did you use

I too have had these things but i dont know what they are .NOBODY BELIEVED ME. So my best friend bought a microscope and we could see them crawling on my skin.ive been googling EVEYTHING they are literally ruining my life.but i ordered KLeen Green jut git it today its all natural safe for children and pets and you can spray your skin with it, clean counters, wash hair and body,and do your laundry.So far so good my skin finely gets a rest! but these bugs ive been finding look like tiny tiny wet toads on mybskin and off my skin the bigger ones just look like a rock butbit squishy inside cand i finley found something that looks just like it on ( bugguide.net ) they have thousands of unidentified insects.