Hi, three months ago I met a wonderful man. He was very charming and soon enough we moved in together. That is when my troubles started. He began to behave violently. Not a single day passed without him yelling with no reason at all. And yesterday things culminated when he hit me. He apologized and said that he has an antisocial personality and that sometimes he just looses control. I don't know what to do. Can antisocial personality be treated? Should I stay with him, or should I get out of the relationship as soon as possible?

Hi, I am very sorry that the man from your dreams turned your life into a nightmare. Antisocial personality is a serious mental condition. The people with antisocial personality really can not help themselves. Their mental structure disables them to distinguish right from wrong. If I were you I would not trust him very much. Person with antisocial personality tend to lie frequently. Your boyfriend's violent behavior is also a sign of antisocial personality. If I were you I would leave that apartment as soon as possible. The psychiatrist may help him, but if he hasn't been treated before, there is small chance that he will change. Sorry!