I have a serious problem with my dad. Since I remember he was beating me and my mother. He is drinking a lot. It is not always like that but when he start to act like that it is unbearable. Now I am old enough to stop him but not by violence. He has all the symptoms of an antisocial personal disorder. He is impulsive, aggressive, reckless, remorseless etc. Should I force him to do an antisocial personality test?

This is a problem that needs professional consulting. If you have any influence on him make him understand what he is doing and talk him into going to see the psychiatrist. There he can do antisocial personality test that you have mentioned. Anyway he must do it in presence of competent person.

Hello there,

I am so sorry to hear that you have been growing up in conditions which are not healthy and no good for child.

Does your father drink every day or just occasionally? Maybe he is an alcoholic so you actually need to see if you can help him with this problem either. Sometimes consequences of excessive drinking can resemble mental disorder.

And if you want him to do the test you will have to talk to him. I am not sure if you are old enough to stop him if he tries to be violent again while you mention this to him. Is there any member of your family who is sharing your opinion? I hope that you will manage to resolve your problem.