Hello I've been trying toconceive for about 5 months now, I have a 26 day period & i have been keeping track of my ovulation dates online. My last priod was MaRCH 14, 2011. I want to know when was the best time to sleep with my partner , the online dates confuse me. I slept with him on 3/25, 3/26, &3/27. Did this help any? Relly need better understanding of the whole ovulation method. Please explain!!!!

Hi Shavon,

OK, at ovulation your ovaries release the egg. The egg is viable, able to be fertilized, for about 48 hours. After that, it's too late.
Sperm, inside your vagina, can live up to about 5 days. You should therefore have sex about 5 days before until 2 days after you ovulate.

I think your timing is close, you may have been able to start a couple of days earlier, but you should cover your ovulation time.

Hope it helps.