Hi, I've been trying to understand it but I'm still confused as to when is my "infertile" time. I'm not ready for pregnancy yet, but I do want unprotected sex. My bf definitely likes it better without the condom.

Is the safest time the few days after my menstrual bleeding, or before it? I've seen the charts that show the safest time is at least 2 days after ovulation and before menstrual bleeding.

But I thought when menstrual bleeding occurs, the egg is washed out? So naturally, the safest time is right after menstrual bleeding, right? So confused~

So long as you realize the risks, yes just before, during, and after your period.

Remember, sperm can survive for about 5 days in your vagina. You don't want them to be viable when the egg is released. The egg is only viable for about 24-48 hours. If you're timing is off just a little...

I would strongly recommend the pill. It is very effective.