As I fall asleep my body and limbs twitch, and I often dream I am falling or jumping as the twitching occurs. The sleep starts often wake me up but they cause greater discomfort for my partner who is suffering from sleep disturbances due to my body convulsions shaking the enitre bed.
I do suffer from high blood pressure and often have tired and sore legs.
All suggestions would be appreciated.

you might want to get a sleep study done. I get the same thing but you might also ask your partener if you talk or even throw things in your sleep. if so it could be a mild sleeping diosrder where the brain doesnt completly form the wall that blocks your brain from making contact with the opposite side which should be resting. The sleeping problem affects 1 in 5 people (I think) so many people live with it and it can be fixed most of the time. also studies show that sleeping prblems can be linked with ones genes so you might want to find out whether anyone your related to has sleeping problems. for the time being you should stay away from any deppressants (like alchohol and tobacco or even unprescribed sleeping pills) and any stimulants (like coffee or chocolate(caffiene)) its both because some deppressants can have the opposite effect on some people (like me for example, I have anything thats supposed to put me to sleep and it will keep me up all night....Iv even gotten to the point where I will get up and feel like Im swimming through my house)
the reason to stay away from those is because it in most cases will intervene with the brains normal patters during sleep and keep sending messages to the wrong part of the brain.

.....wow that was a bit long lol...I think I rambled on a bit
in any case I hope you can make something understandable out from that and hopefully you will be able to fix your problem before it gets to bad or annoying lol...good luck