my teeth are EXTREMELY sensitive, especially to certain sweets. my teeth haven't had any sensitivity problems in the past but now they are really sensitive and hurt A LOT.

does anyone else have any experience with this? what causes it??

I have just had the same operation and it has been 10 days. My teeth are extremely sensitive and have never been before. Why?

the sensitive teeth came after about 7 days then went away a few days later my doctor said it can b normal but anything after 14 days is bad and u should see ur dentist

this hypersensitivity of teeth is due to exposure of nerve ending to the external environment....coz of thining of the hard enamel,do visit ur dentist,he will tell u about floride toothpastes...

Hi there,
Tonsillectomy is not that simple procedure and you have to understand that you will need time to recover fully so your mouth will function normally. You might experience a lot of pain that can reflect on your whole mouth even on your teeth. There is also a possibility that your doctor injured some of your teeth during the procedure. These things don’t happen too often, but there is always a possibility that something when wrong. Did you have any problems in the first week of the recovery? Have you started to eat normally again and how is your wound healing? Do you have any pain in your throat and do you still notice any blood?
All the best,
Danella

Hi there. I'm 43 years old and had a tonsillectomy 17 days ago. My teeth are so sensitive. Did it eventually go away for you?