I feel I am emotionally damaged from one particular relationship. It ended a year ago and I've tried to move on.It shouldn't have ended.I still think about my ex, I wish he gave us a chance.I am with a great guy now who's is everything I'm looking for yet I feel I will never be able to fall in love with him or anybody else. I feel numb. I am hoping that when I am fully over my ex that i will be able to love again

it's because you dont allow yourself to forget.

Hello there,

Somehow we always wish to be with the ones who have hurt us the most. Your ex didn’t gave you chance so you are suffering because of that. You are imagining scenes of you two making up, and naturally the guy who is near you doesn’t have a chance because he is fighting against your imagine guy. If you think about all the flaws that your ex had, you will realize by yourself that the best thing was break up.

Of course that you will fall in love again, but you must let go past. Once you decide to forget about your ex you will be able to feel how it is wonderful to fall in love with the person who deserves you.