I am 18 years old, and when I went to university last september I weighed about 7 stone 13 and now my weight has fell to just 6 stone 9 just nine months on (I am also 5ft 7) so I am underweight. Although this weightloss wasn't entirely done on purpose, I just kind of fell into the habit of it, and so now I just can't physically eat more. I think part of this is due to fear of putting on weight, and it really upsets me that i've made myself like this but don't know how to get out of this cycle!!
My mom is really worried and desperate for me to put on weight, and I am too because of health reasons, and don't want people commenting on how skinny I am, and it makes me feel paranoid! So sometimes I'm all for it, and then other times I go back to calorie counting and try and not eat too much if my mom isnt around to see, because although i want to put on weight and be healthy i am scared of getting 'fat' and have a big belly etc. So I need help getting rid of this stupid fear!
Also I am tired alllll the time, but keep waking up throughout the night so dont get a proper sleep, is this related? And even when I try to eat more I get so full, like for example today I had a bowl of cereal and a cup of tea and 10am, and then had a ham sandwich and an apple at 2pm and felt so full for the rest of the day, and I know I hadn't eat that much really! Please help, I don't want to be unhealthy and feel c**p alll the time, but I am a bit scared I guess! Any advice?

I am not trying to be mean, I really feel this could help you:

First of all, I would like to say that you are too worried about what you look like dear. You have to be happy with who you are, happy the way you were made..

Secondly, Just eat healthy, and make sure to EXERCISE (this will help you want to eat more and pack on the weight.. muscle, not fat.. and if you are a girl, don't worry about having too much muscle, it's not possible for a girl to get too muscular without steroids)

Thirdly, you may want to talk to a therapist if you are too afraid of gaining weight, and if you continue to lose too much weight, it could be a disorder.

Here are some links that could help you gain weight:

Hope that helped!

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed