I am only 13 year old girl and I am 127 lbs. I hate being fat. I come from a family that is average. I also had cancer before and I lost some weight. now im just gaining it all back. i dont have cancer anymore and I am all better. I am sick of being fat, I wanna be skinny and i wanna loose weight, like about 30lbs. I also play basketball during the school year but it is only in the winter. I just keep gaining! PLEASE HELP ME FIND A WAY TO LOOSE THIS WEIGHT OR HELP ME! :'( PLEASE RESPOND BEFORE AND GET EVEN BIGGER!

Hi Sarina, I'm sorry to hear that you feel llike you're fat but how tall are you? If you're 127 lb. and you used to be 100 lb., that is a really low weight to be. I think it's a good idea to talk to a friend or an adult about this because it can easily develop into an eating disorder if you are not careful. Can you do that? Let me know.

look im only 4'10 and idc if im 110 i just dont like my weight being 127 and i ahte being fat and the last thing on my mind is an eating disorder

Sarina, we do get a lot of people on these boards who think they're fat and they're actually quite trim, so forgive me for asking but you didn't post detail on your size, so I wanted to be sure I didn't just advise a 5'10" girl to go exercise herself to 100 lb. I hope you understand! As for losing weight, the best thing you can do is start exercising. Do you exercise regularly already?

Well I walk my dog jog and run and go biking

Sarina, first of all, you shouldn't sign all your posts as, "the ugly fatty!" I do understand that you feel ugly and fat, but constantly exposing yourself to such negative words can't make things any better. I know that no matter what other people tell you, it only truly matters that you feel ugly and fat, and you want to do something to change it.

If you want help, there are plenty of people on this site that would love to help you, including myself. You just need to provide a little more detail.....ie., what is your diet like, how long and often do you exercise, etc. Try to stop obsessing over your weight; I know it's easier said than done, but all the stress and pressure you're putting on yourself really doesn't help your situation.

Please get back to us with a little more detail; we do want to help. :-)

i eat breakfast some times but i always have lunch. then at 6:30 i have dinner. i will probably have a lil ice cream at like 9 after dinner. through out the day i will have a pudding or fruit as a snack. its like if i only stare at the food, i gain weight!! i usually go bike ridiing or walking or even jogging after dinner. Plus im portuguese so portuguese food has alot of grease and fats. Everyday i walk errons all over the place. I also play basketball during the year and i am going to join dance this year. Ill probably the biggest one there! I dont drink much soda. I basically only drink kool-aid. Also every friday my family has takeout. Ill be going to be going to high school soon and everyone will probably make fun of me. I know i can loose weight, i just dont know how to and i need some support. my family laughs whe i say this. S please help me

Just a bit of advice hun.....I'm a 20 year old girl, I'm big....lets just say quite a bit bigger than you, but I don't ever call myself fat, I don't like that term. I'm big, I will always be a bigger girl, my genetics tell me so! I can loose the weight, and I'm working on it...its hard for me (I have underlaying issues to deal with as well). But just so you know, a girl your size and stature can be just as healthy as someone a bit taller, alot has to do with how we are made up and not how we look. Just cause you think you are fat, which I don't think you are! You aren't You are a growing girl, I'm not saying don't change anything but I can't tell you much cause I haven't done much to change myself.

But I will say...I was never made fun of, and There was reason for people to do so, I was and am alot bigger than you. I never was the confident loud spoken type but I was never the girl calling myself ugly and fat outloud, I might have thought it on the inside but NOONE else needs to know I think that way, the more people hear these words the more they start to believe it.

In order for people to accept who you are, you have to accept yourself. Start excerising and change the types of food you eat maybe, get feeling better about yourself, not so much your looks. and you will start to feel better all over. It will take time to loose the weight you need, but don't rush it.

I hope that gave you maybe 2 cents worth of information to take in....if not, I tried.

Good Luck Sweety, you will do fine in High School....make good dicisions and good results will follow.

-Canadian Girl

127 is a little overweight for your age and height but not an excessive amount over. It'll take time to lose some weight but start out small maybe try losing 7 lbs then maybe 5.
Change the way in which you eat, try 5 small meals a day, it keeps your metabolism going stronger than if you eat 3 meals a day.
DON'T skip breakfast, they aren't kidding when they say it's the most important. It jump starts your metabolism for the day, even if you just have a protein shake or some fruit and juice, have something.
Eat more vegetables and fruits and whole grains. Whole grains keep you fuller longer so you don't snack or eat when you really don't need to.
Don't stop eating because that can actually hault the weight loss because your body will go into survival mode and hang onto the fat that you do have left so that it will have fuel, if you will.
Lay off the kool aid, just because it isn't soda doesn't mean it's good for you, it's loaded with sugar which can cause weight gain. Start drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. You'll go to the bathroom a lot at first because your body will start getting rid of the excess water that it was holding onto for survival purposes which will allow you to lose some weight. Also water is really good for your digestion and skin and overall health. If you consistently drink 8 glasses a day eventually you will stop going to the bathroom as much.
Don't over exercise as this can also hault your weight loss because losing to much weight to quickly can either make your body bounce back or stop losing because it again will go into a survival type mode. I would recommend at least 30 minutes of aerobics 5 days a week or jumping on a stationary bike or treadmill and burning 500 calories a day 5 days a week. This will allow you to lose about 1 -2 lbs a week, however you have to have a balanced diet as well.
Lastly everyones body has a "happy" weight, which is the weight it feels most healthy and comfortable so just a heads up your body may not like being 100 lbs or anywhere near that low and you might gain some weight back. Just be patient and you'll lose the weight, try not to stress about this as this can cause weight gain because of the chemicals that your body lets off when it feels stressed.
Hope this helps a little.

You've received some really good advice already. I just wanted to add that if you don't eat the 9pm icecream you describe which is probably a cup (300 calories), that is 2100 calories in 7 days. You need to burn off 3500 calories for 1 pound so just by stopping the icecream night snack you will lose weight.
Also, remember that you don't need to eat everthing that your mom puts on your plate. Portuguese food like Spanish food, which I grow up with, is high in calories, but don't blame your heritage. YOU need to decide if you really want to change your lifestyle. I was 12 when I approached my mom because I weighed 140 pounds and was short in stature and I wanted store bought clothes not made from my mom becasue it was the only thing I could fit in. She helped me by preparing lean meals and packing healthy lunches for school. BUT I did the work. I read books on fitness and learned what foods were good for me and the calories they contained. Essentially, if you don't burn more calories than you consume you will not lose weight. It is as simple as that. And remeber don't get discouraged. A lot of people start living a healthy life style and "cheat or mess up" one day and they give up and binge and say the'll start another day. Life is about moderation. I love icecream and I will eat it because I choose to indulge, but I won't eat it everday becasue I know the consequences.

Sarina96 I do agree with rdsawilson here you have received very good advice, here I just want to suggest you to do regular exercise and eating disorder is not a big issue. You can get success on that just believe on your self and avoid fast food if you like to have. In you can also take help from your family and friends they will help you in control on your diet.

I also would like to point out something that hasn't been discussed here--being overweight does not automatically mean that you're unattractive or lazy or anything like that. People like to make fun of fat people, but being fat isn't a bad thing. If anyone has a problem with you because of your appearance, you shouldn't waste your time on that person. People will try to hurt your feelings no matter what you do...and you just have to ignore them. I know it's hard, but you have to. Does that help you at all?

Can you explain to me what you mean by a body's "happy weight"? Do you mean to say that people have a set weight point that they reach and that they generally stick to that? Can you let me know what you mean by that?

Your just in the middle of growing up your body weight will just keep being werrd like that!

Try not to worry about it :) you're probably just an early developer, I was the same. At 13 I weighed 130lbs and was the biggest in my class but all that others caught up with me as I've put on no weight since then (as I'm now 18!) One piece of advice would be don't do anything stupid to try and lose weight :)