Community Administrator
This post is an extension of the
How can a 13 year old girl lose weight with little help? thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

well i need help im 14 and i am over 180. i need help because i tr 2 work out but i cant stick to it. can anoyone help me plz/ and im a freshman and i am trying out for softball in the spring can anyone help me with endurance.

I've always been kinda heavy for my age - I weighed 116 when I was 11, 120 when I was 12, and 125 when I was 13, so I really want to lose weight. i want to lose 10 pounds in a month - help!! thx! :-)

im 13 and weight about 8.5 stone. i am a bit chubby but all my friends tell me im not. i drink quite alot of lucozade but i love vegetables. i dont eat meat, i eat quorn instead. is quorn good for me? please help me and tell me how to loose weight as i have tried everything and it doesnt work. i dropped lucozade for like a year but nothing happened so i started drinking it again. i dont drink as much as i used to.
ive got a throat infection at the moment, and have had one for a while, which means i can only eat soup and drink water. is that a good thing or a bad thing? reply please xxx

ok.. im 12 yrs. old n i weigh about 96-100 pounds now ik its nt tht bad but all my friends r literelly sticks n im fat compared to them.. my legs r skinny.. my arms r toned (yay).. but my stomach oh ughh hate it i jus had my special friend so im gettin curves but i still hav a gut n i want to lose it rele rele badly!!..also im lik rele short lik one of the shortest in my grade im nt sure exactly but 2 summers ago i was able to go on all the rides at disney (=p).. im soooo embarassed around my friends there literally sticks no joke.. i HATE sports.. i suck at them 2.. i did dance for 9 yrs. but got sick of it.. i did cheerleading for a lil bit but it was too much but it rele rele helped A LOT.. i played many other sports growing up but it never rele stuck.. i started yoga n spinning but i've been so caught up wif starting skool it rele never kicked in yet..

i eat usually
weekdays- no breakfast but lunch at 10 (stupid schedule)
weekends- depends.. mostly eggs n bacon

weekdays- muffin n gatorade
weekends- depends usually somethin simple lik a sandwich n usually a diet coke

dinner- anything rele n usually a diet coke

im gonna stop drinkin diet coke n drink water instead plus im gonna eat healthy foods n snacks n excercise more

WISH ME LUCKK!..

also some things u shuldnt do is
- starve yourself
- eat little food
- mak yourself throw up

starving n eating little food -will make u gain all of it bk n more afta u stop n go bk to ur usual
n
makin yourself throw up is'nt healthy AT ALL..
HOPE I HELPED A LIL =)

Also tell me some tips pleasee!=)

Hey,I'm 12.I am fat.I asked my bff and she said and I quote: "You're not fat,just well built." As much as that "helped" my self-esteem, it wasn't what I was looking for.

Most of my friends are thin,I have one friend that is..."chubby". I stick out.

I don't eat breakfast,my lunch is usually like 2 small things.I have big dinners on Sundays,but most of the time,no dinner.

I don't exercise, we are signed up for a gym,we haven't been there in a long time.

I'm not in any sports,but Soccer looks interesting.

Any tips?

Hi I am 14 i am 5'6 and 3/4 and i weight 210. Just started high school and I don't exercise but i run in P.E. I am scared to go a gym is there any home work outs. That could really help. :-|

If you are overweight, please always remember that you are a VALUABLE person. As such, your health is absolutely priceless. 

Nothing is worth jeopardizing your health, not even weight loss.

You CAN lose weight in a healthy way, and you will if you put your mind to it. Some easy tips to get started:

1) start integrating 30 minutes of intense physical activity into your daily life. 
2) Eat more vegetables, less meat/bread/potatoes/rice. Try to eat a large serving of fruit/vegetables with every meal.
3) Snack on fresh vegetables, fruits, yogurt, cottage cheese. No more fried food/sugary snacks.
4) When you put something in your mouth, or buy something in a store, as yourself "does this benefit my long-term goals"?
5) Try to sleep regular hours. No caffeine in the evenings. Enough sleep will help you with steps #1-4.

Wishing you all the very best.

/Phoenix_Down

im 15 and im 5'2 im about 95 pounds im an aneroxic ive been for about 10 months before i became an aneroxic i was 140 pounds and like anyone else i wanted to look like the girls on magazines i wanted to go out in a bathing suit and not feel gross cuz i think i was fat you can lose up to 12 pounds a week by not eating and only drinking water ive been hosptialized 2 times bcuz of it before i started i thought im just gonna do it for a month or two then ill start eating again but no it becomes an obsession i force feed myself about 3 times a week and their little meals to but trust me you dont want to be skiny that bad bcuz from not eating it makes you really weak and all you think about is food 24/7 non stop ! its not the life you want if you want to be skiny bad then eat nothing but fruits and veggies and a lil meat and drink nothing but water and every other day just go out and take a walk around your neighborhood with some friends for about an hour or so or even play a wii or just dance with someone and act crazy cuz it does get your heart pumpin and it definetly makes you lose weight im just saying you dont want to look like your sick seeing the bones your not supposed to see on the outside isnt good and it doesnt make you look any better so a healthy diet and walkking or dancing would help alot and it ll make it more interesting if u have someone doing it with you and talk to a parent and tell them wht you want and they can go get something tht wouyld make you try like if you lose so many pounds a month you get to go to the mall for new clothes or get a new phone something big and something youd like would help to :)

You're absolutely right. My best friend went into hospital when she was 13 because she wasn't eating. The most important thing in life is feeling good about yourself, and you don't ned to be skinny for that. Forget about the models in magazines, because they're all starving and unhappy, and they're all computer-remastered. Eat well for your health, not for looks. People who judge you for how you look don't deserve your attention. They're stupid. And unless you're seriously overweight, you got nothing to worry about - try walking more, and not buying snacks (you'll save lots of money too!), avoid at all costs fast-food chains, it's that simple!

im 21, and looking back on my early teenage years, i remember thinking i had put on weight, i was flabby around the stomach area.. my favorite pants were not fitting anymore...and i became very self conscious, thinking that i had a round belly and my legs are weird etc etc...
i recently found old pictures of me during that age, and i was surprised to see that, i was pretty thin. actualy i was really thin, and i had a nice body. it was all in my head. its part of the growing up process. 
Unfortunatly, grown ups forget to tell you that it's all very normal. if you put on weight, its most probably not "fat weight" it's just your body develloping into the adult body that you see in magazines . early teenage years are weird because well, it is scary to see that a couple of months ago you were only 46 kg, and now you're 54. you forget that it's cuz you got taller, you're gaining boobs, and getting those beautiful hips..
so when you feel like you look like a monster, relax.. it's most likely not true. speak to your friends, you'll see that even the friends you find gorgeous feel exactly like this about themselves, and probably think you're gorgeous and don't see why you're panicking.

im 13 5' 2" & naturally 83 lbs. awkwarddd.

Teen girls should NOT diet unless they are REALLY over weight and there doctor thinks they should. During tween and teen years girls bodies are going through many changes that definitelly can effect weight. Your hips get wider you get bloated. It happens to most girls. I use to think i had to lose weight cause i had a small stomach and my friend called me fat (turns out she is anerxic and things girls NEED to be twigs) so i went on a diet. Lost 5 pounds in 4 days. My boyfriend flipped out. Diets are not good. i am 5ft and i weight 110 pounds (since i gained my weight back) and im 14 years old. You may say i am skinny but i thought otherwise cause my hips and stomach. my boyfriend helped me out and i gained my weight back and realized ive been skinny the whole time. dont try dieting its not good!

You can be overweight and anorexic to whoever Wrote there 83lbs and 5'2 there's a massive difference from being underweight wich your not and having an eating disorder

Hey guys. I'm a 14 year old girl, I'm 5'9 and I weigh **gulp** 190 pounds. I expected to look at all these posts and feel better about myself, but there are girls on here that are 120 pounds and saying they're so fat they can't stand it! Now I just feel worse than ever. Just looking at me, people say I look big (tall and wide), but not "fat". They don't know that I suck my stomach in all day long. I have no idea how I can lose weight... Both of my parents are also overweight, and nothing works for them either.
I'm probably not as active as I could be, but I really don't have time to "work out". Even when I play sports (volleyball and basketball) or cut certain foods out of my diet (like soda and potato chips), nothing seems to change.
HELP!
And, lastly, although I know it's horrible hypocritical of me to say;
Looks and weight are NOT important! And even if they are a little, loving yourself has far more priority. THAT's actually why I want to lose weight; I want to love myself even more than I do. I don't dream of being a supermodel or "skinny". Really, I just want to be able to wear the clothes I want.
Thanks for listening guys.
 ~Liza