My husband started to complain about unexplained nausea last few month, so now I started to worry. Firstly, I was thinking maybe he eats something bad, which is why he might feel nausea. Then, when I pay attention, I have noticed we eat absolutely the same meals, and I never have these symptoms. Can you tell me why someone might feel this unexplained nausea? Could it be something serious, he is 50 years old so I am afraid for him.

I cannot give you professional opinion, but maybe I could help, since I have something similar. I am having nausea and a feeling of a lump stuck in my throat ever since I was 30, and now I am 34 years old. My symptoms make me crazy, because when I try to swallow, it makes it burn and hurt. I know what your husband is going through, because I hate this feeling of nausea. I am getting to where I do not want to eat, but when my stomach stays empty it actually get worse. Lately, I started to believe it is my reflux acting up worst now than ever. I am planning to visit my doctor these days, because I cannot take it any more, which I would advice to your husband too. I have heard something that worries me, and that was how unexplained chronic nausea is reported with patients susceptible to gastric dysrhythmias and gastroparesis. This worried me enough to seek medical help, although I also heard more than 25% op population suffer of unexplained nausea.

I have been throwing up for 3 years now and many doctors later nobody has found out why.Ive had every test there is but my docs are at a loss. Ive had my gallbladder removed now Im having my 2 surgery,Im so depressed I wish this feeling would go away ,Eating 6 x a day doesnt help eating blan food doesnt work nothing works :-S

Hi there maybe this will be usefull to you my father at the age of 52 was having the same symptoms and alot of nausea and gas etc, always taking tums to learn later that year he had a Stroke and then had By pass , i would recomend your husband to go see a Doctor it could be signs of a Stroke!!! Take Care :cry:

seek the advice of a gastroenterologist 1st and foremost. There are a number of things that can cause nausea and gas. I have lived with it for 3 years and am in the middle of a bad bout right now. a work up in 2006 proved nothing sinister. however it was a general surgeon who scoped me and in the next few months I will have a gastro doc check me out. Constant vomiting could be the little flap at the base of the esophugus may not be closing properly, slow gastric emptying, spasms at the deuodenym, colon, hpylori infection, celiacs disease and if not celiacs a senstitivities to glutons, wheat, eggs, dairy can be causing the nausea. I would also inlist a certified naturalpath as part of your health program, I found after all the efforts to find out my problem were done in 2006 - i was left with nausea and a diagnosis of nothing wrong. I saw a naturalpath, i have stripped my diet of all glutons and wheats right now and eating mostly liquids or soluble fibres to allow my stomach to heal. Many of us worry about cancer when these things happen, remember its rare and the multiple other reasons for constant nausea are not. hope this helps