hi everyone m new and posting here for the first time . my known 52 year old male with no previous history of any disease or problem recently had pain abdomen for about a month and was advised usg abdomen where he was diagnosed Moderate hydronephrosis non obstructive type of the right kidney ,this was out of blue,we were expecting something related to gastrointestinal function because the symptoms weren't suggesting it could be renal,he's diagnosed with moderate HDN asymptomatic with no obstruction.he got a test done( sorry don't know about the name )it tells about the functioning of kidney,that says right kidney i.e the affected one is working 42 and the left one is working more i.e 57 to compensate for it,they say Normal is 45. his doctor has kept him on observation while the other is suggesting pyloplasty.now we are really confused because we do not know what's causing it and secondly how to proceed further and what to do. m way too tense because any detioration in the kidney is the last thing we want. if anybody could guide or help would be great thanks!

Hi Zatsy,

Hydronephrosis is not a disease.  It refers to something keeping the urine from draining properly.

The pyloplasty is a surgical procedure to help the kidney drain.

I'm sorry but there really isn't enough information here to go on.  I strongly advise that you seek another opinion. 

hi medic dan thank you for the reply . we're getting mixed options on how to go about it further but the only thing m hoping is that it is not something very serious and that it doesn't get worse here on.

I understand Zatsy.

You can't make an informed decision without more information. The pyloplasty may bring relief but you need to find out what the cause is, if it can be determined.

Even another opinion may be an option.

Good luck.