My husband and I have been ttc for almost 2 years. My dr had put me on birth control pills to try and regulate my cycle. I stopped taking the pill on June 25th which was also the first day of my period. On July 30th I took two pregnancy test and they came out positive. We were so excited i told everyone i could think of. Then on Aug 4th i woke up and used the bathroom when i wiped there was a small brownish discharge which i took for implantation spotting. Then on wed. Aug 6th i woke up and wiped and there was blood. light at first then increased with time. the next day the pains in my uterus started like contractions off and on all day. And here it is the 3rd day and i am still bleeding. I think i've had a miscarriage but wont know until i see the dr today. I'm wondering if its because it was to soon after stopping the bc or if its something i did. Even though everyone keeps telling me to not worry to not assume i can't help it. My whole life has changed in a matter of one week how can i just get over it? If someone else has been through something similar please respond to what the outcome was and/or how you dealt with it. Thank You

A positive pregnancy test followed by bleeding usually means an early miscarriage. I assume that you have taken a pregnancy test again since and that it was then negative? (This can take a while though, since hCG needs to get out of your system.)

I have had several miscarriages myself and went through the same stage of wondering what I did wrong. The fact is, most very early miscarriages happen due to chromosomal differences that are incompatible with life. Don't guilt-trip yourself. One in five women experience a miscarriage. This is not in any way your fault. It s*cks, but it just happens sometimes. 

Hello. It sounds like we in the same boat. I did two pregnancy tests on Saturday and they came out positive as well as getting a positive blood test. I was so excited and calculated that I was 5 weeks. On tues I was walking home from work and something just didn't feel right. I went to the toilet and there was dark brown/red blood but I had no pain. I still don't know what is going on, I can only see the doctor on Monday so I have to wait. Let me know what your doctor says. Good luck.

Well I am going through the same thing and this is my 7th pregnancy, but this is the first time I have experience the bleeding I took the PT on the 16th of Jan and started bleeding the next day I talk to my dr. He want me to schedule an appt and come in.

i am also confused i had 2 positive tests but started bleeding like a period 2 days after i had no pains nd no clotting however wen i went to the hospital the result came back negative still dont no wat happened..

Wow, Same thing for me two positve preg test so excited told everyone i knew Breast very sore never before period had two daughters and these are definitly pregant boobs tingling and doubled in size also just felt pregant so test were positive. I walked around fair all day went to use bathroom wiped and brownish blood on TP. I freaked out went straight home and to bed next morning wiped it was red blood. Immediatly went to dr. she did test neg sent me to hospital for blood test and ultrasound Both showed neg on preg Dr said had a false pregnancy. THe problem is when i research this it says that this means it in your head. I have only been trying a few months to get pregnant and not in any hurry so i dont understand how i made my boobs grow and hurt also how i made two positve test. So weird i dont know if had miscarrage or if i wasnt preg at all so strange.

this has happened to me four times now, and my doctor explained that 25% of pregnancies end in a M/C that most women look at it just being a late period, the only way you know for sure if you do an early test and it comes up positive. i am experiencing the same now after having a + test on monday and a - this morning the baby wasnt planned and having 4 children already it was a huge shock but i am still feeling pregnant.

I am really confused.I have had every single pregnancy symptom, minus the nausea and vomiting.Swollen tender breasts for 3 weeks, spotting, gagging when I cant take a smell anymore, gained a few pounds in my belly area,felt the fluttering in my abdomen,had a headache for 3 weeks straight, then a little bit of a lower backache, and also I was 9 days late for getting my period.I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive!My husband and I were so excited as we have been trying for a few months to have another baby.

Then 4 days after taking this test I went to the washroom wiped and there was blood that was more mucous looking than bloody looking.It went away that night, it stopped.The next morning I started to bleed quite a bit.Then same thing at night it stopped.The next day same thing no bleeding until 930 am, then the blood just started coming,then tapered off again.Today its very light, and almost gone.Did I get my period and have a positive pregnancy test anyway, even though my period was 9 days late???

Hello, I had a similar experience about a year ago...I had a lot of the symptoms of early pregnancy, stomach sick a lot, a stronger sense of smell and my last period was the previous month, so I bought some of the early pregnancy tests that can detect pregnancy up to 5 days before your missed period. I took two pregnancy tests, they came out positive, and about a week later I felt really heavy cramping and took another pregnancy test. That pregnancy test came out negative and I still hadn't gotten my period (I was about 3 days late), so I decided to go to the doctor. The doctor took a test and it was negative and so she told me that I probably was pregnant, but the egg just did not attach to the uterine wall and she said it is not considered a miscarriage, but my husband and I were still sad. She told me that probably in the next couple days I would have some very heavy bleeding and a lot of cramping, and sure enough, about two days later I did. I hope this helps to know this and also to know you are not alone. Wish you all the best and many blessings and hope when the time is right it will happen :-)

I have been there on February 20th 2009 i had two positive pregnancy tests plus a positive at the Health Department but then that Saturday i started bleeding and when i went to the bathroom i wiped and saw this white stingy thing which i assumed was the placenta be but wasn't sure. so I went to the ER and they were insensitive when they told me i could have miscarried, which killed me and my fiancé. I am currently dealing with something i spotted a few days ago then it went away then happened again yesterday and today theres nothing and im only a few days late so i think im just gonna give it a few more days until i take a PT. Good Luck to all of you guys trying to get pregnant.

i understand what you r going through. I had 2 positive test and then i started spotting i thought it was from implantation. the bleeding got heavy. so i get worried and went to the ER and the urine test came negative with HCG blood level of 37. I dont know if this means i had a miscarriage or just delayed period with 2 false positive test. I have an appointment with gyn on 1/4/13. I Know this is really crazy i dont know how to deal with this because i had told everyone also. I had high hopes and future thoughs and plans. I saw all my dreams shattering when the i got the negative results. There is no right was to deal with this situation. Just know that everything happens for a reason. And that there will be somthing even better for us thats yet to come. dont lose hope. Keep on trying. GOOD LUCK.

a false pregnancy is like a hormonal pregnancy. It's just an extremely early misscarage.

i had 5 pregancy test done came out postive and i went to the hospital cause i had minor cramping butt then it went away ... they gave me a pregancy test and it was negative he said i could still be butt just to early to tell i am so confused and dont knwo what to do i just too another one and it said positive and it the clear blue one i took someone please give me some advise..thanks

ME AND MY HUSBAND HAVE DECIDED WE WANT TO TRY FOR A BABY SO HES NOT PULLING OUT AND ITS A WEEK ND A FEW DAYS AND I WAS SPOTTING YESTERDAY ND NOW KINDOF HEAVY NOW IM WONDERING IS THIS IMPLATATION BLOOD OR JUST MENSTRAL  PLEASE HELP 

Me and my husband have been trying to have a baby for 3 years and i always have my normal monthly heavy period. And my last normal period was on Feb9 and so this first week of March i have been having my normal symptom so i was expecting to have my period but all i got was just a little pinkish on my pantiliner on March 8 and stop so i waited but still didnt come all ive been having was a little spotting that come and go so i took pregnancy test this morning 3-14 and it came out positive and i am still having spotting evrynow and then..and im also worried cos i had mammogram last 3-12 will it affect my baby in case im really pregnant?