Today, my child was arrested, again. This makes 6 times in less than 1 year. She was at our local mall and was spotted on surveillance. She knew something was up and took off to the street. The mall is situated on a 4 lane highway, she dodged the traffic trying to get to the other side, on foot. The police took her to the ground and she resisted. Her arms and legs were cut and bruised from the road rash as they hog tied her and put her face down in the squad car. She has a serious infection in both of her feet from blisters due to walking all over the city. Her car was impounded and the dash board was torn out.
This is just another chapter of her life in the drug world.
I thought i would call her on her cell, which she never answers, but i gave it a shot. A man answered, i thought it was one of her "buddies", it was a police officer. He briefly told me what was going on, then the phone went dead. Tonight she sits in the lockup with pending charges from city court due to not attending a court date, which was yesterday. By missing yesterday there was a bench warrant out on her anyway. The charges today will be added on to yesterday and she will be transported to the city jail. She just got out of jail a week ago for missing drug court.
I just wanted to share a little of my day with you folks. Not looking for sympathy, just trying to pass on the message to someones child that has a similar problem.

That's really hard, feet. I can't pretend to know what you're going through as a parent. But as someone that's almost been in that situation (as your daughter), I was arrested for a non-related drug crime while taking oxycontin for my pain and they let me sit in there and detox.. horrible experience!! As a new Officer of the Law, I am more compassionate towards people in a bad situation, not to say I lay down for them, but my thoughts go out to your family.

Thanks Rockton, but good news has finally come after 13 years of this c**p. She has been clean and sober for 5 months now. A stint in jail was a big help. She dried out, cold turkey, no choice when your behind bars for 8 weeks.

She is now going into a Half Way House for 6 months. The family can not be happier with her success, especially me.

How old is your daughter? I have a 17 year old son and for him I try to find the things that embaress himor what he hates. Tuff love is what I suggest. You poor thing; I bet she calls you as soon as it happens. Like mommy come help me; my son does that. I try not to fall for it. Let her sit there and do her time till she goes to court; I wouldnt post bail or nothin. Does she realize this will always fallow her? Take her and find things to embaress her, like go and apologize to the stores she stoled from; I ve seen a mother make her kid where a big sign on them and on the street corner by the stores. That worked for that child. Drugs are so bad and over powerful to ones mind. Maybe in the jail she'll sobber up. I'm suprised they have'nt made her stay in jail for a long sentence if this happens alot. Good luck, stay strong.

Thanks tammylynn, but all is well at last. She is 27 by the way. This has been an on going problem since she was 14. We're not talkin a little pot, or coke, it's slammin heroin. This is a situation where i can't humiliate her in front of someone, nor can i march her by her hand into a store where she boosted something. This is the big leagues, im talkin hard core junkie.
She has slept in crack houses and actually stumbled over a corpse, no joke. She has boosted over 10,000.00 worth of merchandise. A few of the stores offer restitution, some others added shoplifting to her existing charges. We found her passed out on the toilet one day with a loaded needle in her hand. Oh Gosh, the list is from here to eternity. I was the one who made that last call to the Police. She was a bail jumper and i had my own child arrested. Yes, me and a few others have lost thousands of dollars combined in bail money.
She ran my phone bill up to 600.00 with calls from jail, this wasn't her fault tho as i accepted the charges. She sat for 8 weeks in County and came out on her way to recovery. She was able to live at home for a few months with daily visits to group and once a week to Drug Court. She is now in a Half Way House which was Court ordered, she will do 6 months. She has reached level 2 in her process, which means she is being tought to be a respected member of society again. She is being taken for job interviews as well.
It is a very long road, and it's very painful for all concerned. We all pray everyday for our girl that she will stay clean and sober and do the right thing. I can't even begin to tell you the endless nights of no sleep for me, the phone calls in the night, always scared to death that the person on the other end of that phone was the Medical Examiner asking me to identify a young women's body. You just can't imagine the pain on this end.
I don't know your son's drug of choice, and i am thinking that he has not gotten even a fraction as far into it as my daughter, but watch, watch closely.
So if it was that easy to humiliate my daughter in front of her friends and take to back to the stores where she stole something like it was a pack of gum, i would have, and if that would have been the thing that stopped her from just about killing herself, i would have, but it just wasn't that simple.
She would dissappear for days on end, wearing the same cloths for weeks, infection in her feet from walking the dirty streets and drug infested neighborhoods. She was dared to cut her waist length blond hair for some heroin, she did. She gave away her leather knee length coat for heroin, she gave away a 500.00 dog, for heroin. She stole jewelry from my bedroom, stole her ex in laws wedding band, took my ATM card straight out of my purse.
I can go on for days. So to all who have a problem with your kids smoking up some pot, GET IN THE MIDDLE, NOW. Don't tell them that they are grounded, don't tell them to wait until their dad gets home, don't take away the playstation and computers for a week, don't take the car keys away until they shape up, take them straight to the law, it is their lives you are saving. They will thank you. After years of tears, my girl thanked me. She hugged me and thanked me. I held her close and smelled her hair and touched her face, shes beautiful.

I'm so sorry,for all you go through. I had no idea. It sounds like you have tried it all. You need to also try to worry about your health. My son has pot here or there but he's a good boy. Him and I are very close and talk alot. He seen me go through meth and almost died from it. He never wants to try hard drugs. I hope it stays that way. My sister peer presured me to try it. I try to tell him theres no one you can trust but your mother and she be hard and nagging but I 'll be there. How is she doing ? I'm here if you like to talk. Hang in there.

You know dear guest, i have been a member of SteadyHealth for almost two years, a supporter for half of that and finally a moderator for the remaining half and i have never felt so disrespected by a guest or a member in all that time. I am one of many wonderful and respected members who offers up some helpful advice and i know that i have helped many people who frequent this site. My replys are heartfelt and sincere and never once would i ever intentionally hurt or minimize someone's plight. All of a sudden a jerk like you pops in and spouts off at the mouth about something that you have very little knowledge of. How dare you? If you followed my story instead of jumping in and making an ass out of yourself, you would see that my daughter has just graduated drug after 18 months and i never once turned my back on her.

As far as your nasty comment about my child being stupid...well i am a lady and a member in good standing on this forum, but if i were to loose my temper on anyone here it would be you. In the event that you rear your ugly head and pass on some more of your childish comments, i will be MORE than happy to ban you from this forum. You are more than welcome to post and reply, but if it's at the expense of hurting someones feelings i will see to it that you never return. Shame on you.

BBfeet9
Moderator

Someone say something nasty? You'll always get ignorant anti-drug m****s running around... don't let them get to you. There are so many people in the world that just can't grasp how hard drug problems are on not only the addict, but their loved ones.

I have been away for awhile... BUT I just graduated with my associates degree in Addictionology and Psychology. I am now a certified addictionologist (doctor that specializes in addiction and human behavior associated with such). This board really helped me when I was down as an addict and much has changed since I came here and made a few posts. I would be pleased to help out anyone who needs me. My final thesis paper was on Suboxone and the different trials and effects it's had on patients. I never got around to writing that article, but this is something I can specialize in. Let me know if you would like me to register as a Doc or whatever I need to do to help out and give free advice on this board.

Thanks!