Even tho it had only been 10 days since having unprotected sex around my fertile time (just before ovulation)my doc sent me for a BHcg test yesterday morning. Results came in today and negative.

Although i'm super relieved I am not pregnant, a part of me kind of felt sad when I heard the results, as I think I got myself so hyped up THINKING I was pregnant. I would have chose a negative over a postive, but even with a postive it wouldn't be the end of the world. Still not sure why I've been having cramps and back pain for the past week and a half. Last nite i was actually sick to my stomach and threw up. It's prob. just a darn virus lol!

Thanks again for your support thru my brief time on here!! :-)

Now, keep in mind even though these tests can show a positive as early as 10 days, they dont always succeed. With my first pregnancy it took a blood test 14 days to show (working in a hospital I took one daily until it did cuz I "knew") Of couse I took a home pregnancy test daily too and they both showed a light positve on day 14 (first response). I'm not saying this is the case with you but if you are late with your cycle take a hpt- otherwise Congrats on Not being pregnant :-) and Thank u for the update :-)

oh wow. I just "assumed" when he said that it would for sure show up accurate, it was a BFN and no chance of a BFP. I have read that sometimes it takes 10 days for implantation is that correct? and even then it takes a couple days to release the hcg hormone? AF is due May 7, and since being off bcp my periods have been later each cycle, i have NO idea how late this one will be to know if i'm really late. I guess if she doesn't show up on the 7th i can always buy a stock of dollar store tests ;-)

Thanks :-)

thats correct (about the implantation and HCG hormome levels)- And each pregnancy is different....With my first my levels took forever to get high enough to be a bright - not having to look close to see positive...but with my 3rd it showed bright and my levels were sky high the day i missed my period - It just depends. The provider I used to work for said this is the norm....that every pregnancy is differnt and This is why some doctors STILL go by the 10 days past missed period to even take a blood test even though it will show earlier but some lab techs don't look close enough because its so subtle. Quanative HCG blood tests show the earliest but they usually don't use those unless they are monitoring to see if your levels are increasing (like if you are bleeding and they are checking for miscarriage)... Im actually suprised he said "if would for sure show up accurate" I have never heard of a doc being so confident of a blood test before a missed period...SPECIALLY 7 days before the miss...hmph very strange...

ya i thought it was quite strange too, considering i've been doing some online research (lol - and boy is there a LOT of info out there haha) and most say dont' take anything (unless it's a postiive) to be accurate until you have missed your period. I think it was a quantum one - when i called my doc office she said "hmmm i can't read this one. this is different". and he did write on it BHCG. so I just assumed it was the one that mgiht detect all levels of HCG in your blood.

this is (i mean WOULD be haha) my 3rd pregnancy.....does each pregn. detect the HCG faster along? or it really has no bearing from preg. to preg?

guess i will ahve to wait and see. And here i am watching Grey's Anatomy and its' BABIES BABIES EVERYWHERE lol!

thanks again :-)

I honestly dont think they know for sure what causes HCG levels to be higher and lower in some pregnancies...but some "scientists" have noticed that those with lower and harder to detect levels in the begining have less "morning sickness" in their pregnancy...WHich is funny because with my first I never felt better in my life...I never got sick and I actually felt "good"...and with this last one (where my levels were extreamly highfrom the start) I was so sick I had to be hospitalized twice because I could not stop puking....I could no longer work and I tried every med out there and nothing ever worked...They actually had to sedate me a couple times because I would not stop puking and it was so constant I couldn't breathe...my little booger. Moral of the story is at least if you are pregnant you have a better chance of not having morning sickness :-)... Unless he specifically wrote for QUANATIVE HCG (which actually measures the levels of hormone) that is not what he did and very very rarely do they use this as a test to diagnose pregnancy. (even though it will show earlier) mainly because the high rate of pregnancies that 'fail" prior to your first missed period...if all women knew when they had this type pf "miscarriage" the whole world would be depressed because they got their hopes up and were shot down (its likely that its happened to just about everyone more than once OR at least once)...SO to end my rant even blood pregnancy tests (the regular ones) wont show positive until the embryo is happily implanted and they have a standard level of HCG this usually happens...the only problem with that is SOME woman's levels will be right below this curve in the first few days after implantation (like you said b4) BUT these hormones double every 2 days so even a good first response pregnancy test will show if you ARE pregnant by the time you "miss" your period (if you do).... THere is my educational babble for the day...lol

oh you poor thing! with my son (my first) i was SO sick but it didnt' start until I was about 3 weeks late from my period, so a week after I found out I was prego. And it was bad - sounds like yours - I coudln't work, i coudln't keep ANYTHING down, and threw up many many times a day. It got so bad adn i was losing so much weight so my doc prescribed me Diclectin, which worked wonders! after about 4 days on that my morning sickness decreased significantly!

With my daughter, I was sick, but nothing compared to what I was with my son. I would throw up every day for a few weeks, and feel sick to my stomach, but at least I could work and function!

I think I'll pick up some dollarstore HPT's today......and maybe test on Monday morning (if i can wait that long lol!) I'm so impatient. i'm a need-to-know person (as i'm sure most of us are!)

and when i took the blood test sheet in all that was written on it was "BHCG". but because his secretayr didnt' know HOW to read it, that is what got me thinking it was the one that shows the levels of hcg in your blood. as opposed to a "yes" or "no" ??? by this time next week I'll know for sure! gotta keep myself BUSY :-)

Thanks again :-)