ive had one negative urine test result and one negative blood test result my period is 7 days late..I'm 26 yro is it possible that the blood preg test was false?How early can a blood hcg test detect pregnancy?

BLOOD HCG tests are accurate VERY VERY early. You have already missed your period, IF you were pregnant you would be around 5 weeks.. A BLOOD test would easily show a positive, and SO WOULD a urine test.

There are many reasons why our periods come late, or sometimes do not show at all. CYCLES change in all women, yours is obviously distressing to you.

Most likely if you have not started a period, they will 'jump start' it with some special hormones.

They may also reccomenfd birth control to regulate your periods.

I had the same situation. Even if first pregnancy test that I have done showed that I am not pregnant, even if the blood test came negative as well, I was so sure that I was pregnant especially because my period was late for 10 days or more, I can't even remember anymore. I convinced myself that I am pregnant even if I didn't have intercourse for two months or more...Who knows why. I never believed that there is something else that can cause this situation for me. Maybe level of my hormones, maybe some stress...I wanted to go to see my doctor, but then my period came and I never found out what was the reason behind my late period. If your period is late and it was regular before that, consult your gynecologist. 

I WAS 6 WEEKS ALONG W/MY FIRST CHILD AND HAD A NEGATIVE BLOOD TEST. THEY ARE NOT ALWAYS AS ACCURATE AS EVERYONE SAYS. IT ALSO DEPENDS ON WHAT TYPE OF BLOOD TEST THEY DID - QUALATIVE OR QUANTATIVE. EVERY WOMAN OVULATES AT DIFFERENT TIMES AND IF YOU OVULATED CLOSER TO THE TIME THAT YOUR NEXT PERIOD WAS DUE & TOOK A BLOOD TEST, IT MIGHT BE THAT IMPLANTATION HAD NOT OCCURED YET & THEREFORE THE HCG LEVELS WOULD NOT HAVE GONE UP YET.

PLEASE UPDATE ON YOUR SITUATION & GOOD LUCK W/EVERYTHING!

I am 21 years old and my period is over a month late. I have taken 3 at home test and one blood test at the doctor's office. All came back negative??? My period is normally off by a couple days but never this long. I don't feel like I am going to get it any time soon. I also don't have any symptoms of being pregnant, other than going poddy all the time. My doctor told me I could go ahead and take my birth control but I don't feel comfortable doing that. I understand that the levels of the hormone that detects pregnancy could be to low but for all 4 test? Any suggestions? In ten days I will be two months late!

Im going threw the same situation. I havent had a period since July 9th and now we are almost in October which makes its almost 3 months. I been nauses, vomiting certain food and I get morning sickness. But still I have taken 10 urine test and all 10 of them came out negative and just a week ago I took the 1st blood test and it too came out negative too. One doctor wants to provock my period with birth control but I dont want to risk it if Iam pregnant and a 2nd doctor wants me to wait 3 weeks to see if I get my period and if not go back to her office and retake both urine and blood test. Is it true that if your hcg is low that it is difficult to get an answer? Beside that my friends are actually telling me that my stomuch is starting to look like if im pregnant. Can somebody please answer our questions?

my girlfriend has teken 9 home test and 1 blood test all comig back negative... she usually is late but should of started on the 8th so its bee 14 days...west down and if she was pregnany it would be around 6 to 8 weeks she did have symtoms of being pregnant before the blood test probably because we thought she was but now have gone away... someone please help us out

Hey all! My LMP was March 26th (I came off of the pill at this time too). I had a negative blood pregnancy test on April 22 and multiple negative HPTs prior to that, yet I KNOW I ovulated around April 8th or 9th because I had a vaginal ultrasound on April 14 due to abdominal cramping that lasted a week and it showed that I had ovulated. This means my period should have started around 2 weeks after that, so I'm currently 3 days late, which I know is not a huge deal yet, except that ever since April 9th, my body has not been normal...I've had most of the pregnancy signs, except no breast tenderness or soreness. I have had a swollen lower abdomen for the past week and a half...all of which is very abnormal for me. I'm so confused if I'm not pregnant, then why am I having all of these signs and no period. I don't think it is possible to ovulate and not have your period and I know it is very unlikely to get pregnant the first cycle after going off birth control...but clearly something is in my lower abdomen to cause it to swell and the vaginal ultrasound would have shown a mass or anything...so confused about what's going on!? Any advice would be appreciated : )

When I got pregnant with my first and only I was already 15 weeks pregnant when i finally found out. I went to 2 different doctors and and 2 urine and 1 blood test later was still told i was not pregnant. After the Doc gave me the meds that were supposed to make me start my period( they didn't work) i went back one more time and they told me i was preggers. How is that possible? I was pregnant the whole time????

I am now 14 days late!! I have taken 4 pregnancy test and negative results. So I went to the hospital. They did another urine test and blood test negative. And they also did an ultrasound.. and nothing. But I am extremely late, nausous and my breast are sore. Could I be pregnant?? I dont know what to do!!! please someone give me advice here!!

I haven't had a normal period in 9 weeks yet I have a negative blood test and negative urine test. My blood test the HCG levels were below 2, so they said I definately can't be pregnant. What is going on?

And to the last person if you had an ultrasound then you are definately not pregnant. If you are on birth control they can cause you to skip periods and they can cause pregnancy symptoms as well.

i went to this clinic a couple of days ago. im 2 weeks late on my period and i took a urine test and it was negative. my lower back hurts my boobs are growing im getting cramps. like i dont know whats going on here. im thinking it could juts be wrong timing but im afraid its something more serious..... any advice?

Hello girls,

My last period was on January 9th, It is now March 12. I usually have my periods in a regular basis in every 24-28 days. Since I missed my period I have been having a lower back pain, dull cramping, frequent urination, nausea (but don't but haven't actually vomit), I am eating 20 percent more than normal, always thirsty a lot, and i have pain in my thighs through my groin then through my hips. I have been constipated for the first 2 weeks of 1st missed period. I have taken 1 urine and 1 Blood test supposedly on my 8-9 weeks, if I am pregnant-and the results were negative. I, However have an appointment with the doctor for an Ultrasound on March 17 to make sure I am not pregnant before I take any med that the doctor have prescribed me. But I am now feeling breast soreness, feeling cold when everyone else is not which cause me to pee 3 time in an hour. I also had really bad pain on my right side abdomen that I could not even move for 1 min. So right now I don't wanna stress myself out but I am so confused on what to think.

I will be 3 cycles late in the next 11 days. 8-|

ok, so may name is ellie-may, and i have had almost ALL the signs of pregnacy, im 2 weeks late, my breast are very very sore, morning sickness, going potty alot (i used to be able to hold it from 6:30 am to 5:00 pm) now i use it at least once every hour and a half, weird cravings, mood swings, unusually turned on, weird headaches, sensitivity to smell.. all that, i took two home tests that came up postitive so i got excited and went to the docter to confirm it!! i went in and took their test and the docter came back in the room asking all kinds of strange questons and then said that it had come up negative and that they were normally very acurite so he asked me to do a ultrasound witch of course also showed nothing...that was two days ago... i still have all the syptoms. they did a blood test and i should be getting them back tomorrow.. 3/25/11. how likley is it that i am NOT pregnant? i have also had sex with my bf at least 5 times unprotcted 3 times about 5-6 days before ovulation. i have had these symptoms for a good 2 and a half weeks now.. PLEASE HELP!!

So i am Usually on time... I was like 2 weeeks late for my period and had pregnancy symptoms. And then i strated to bleed and it was enough to make me think that i had my period. But it was only for one day and the next 3 to 4 days it was only there when i wiped. I took 3HPTs and 1 Blood tests. They all cam back negative. My doctor said if the test comes back take one the week after that if it comes out negative wait another week and takke it again. and My period should come right?. So it hasnt and i am having sharp pains in my stomach, Im tired like all the time, and i am a bottomless pit. I have gained weight as well. I pee more then i usually did, i am happy and irritated within an instant, i get headaches up the yingyang, and my boobs are sensitive when you touch them . So am i preggers or am is my mind just playing tricks on me?