I had sinus surgery and my head is much better, but I am still heaving mouth problem. It started with extraction of the tooth. The sinus doctor says that this is tooth issue and dentist says that it is sinus related and he can’t help me. Can you see in what kind situation I am? When I ask for help from third one he said that my symptoms refer on oral- antral fistula. I don’t know what he talks about. Can someone tell me what does it mean?

Oral-antral fistula is an abnormal passageway between two parts of the body. When your tooth was removed, a passage was created between the extraction site and your upper jaw sinus, or antrum, thus the name oral-antral fistula. This complication is relatively common and in most instances passages are very small and go unnoticed by the patient and the surgeon. Occasionally there are more extensive problems. When a fistula doesn’t heal quickly, saliva from your mouth can enter the sinus, as saliva contains bacteria, patients can develop chronic sinus infections. This infection often discharges material into the mouth. Sometimes, this process goes on for years without treatment, and patients believe this is normal but it is not and it can and should be treated.