I had a hysterectomy in Oct 2013 and weeks after the surgery have this burning that comes and goes in the urethra and sometimes the burning is bad where I take hydrocodenine and one night the urethra was throbbing and had pain. I had a sling put in June 2011 and my doctor thinks the sling might be causing irritation, burning. I also have times where my left foot feels warm even though it is not. I get weird feelings down there in the vagina area. I do not know what is causing this. Could it be the sling hitting a nerve and causing all this discomfort?

Hello there. It seems to me that you are dealing with some kind of infection. I am very prone to all of those infections and burning after urination is something that I am dealing with for a lot of time in my life. And no, you sometimes can't heal it at home, you must use some antibiotics to heal it, drinking liters and liters of tea is just not enough. About this thing in your left foot, that is not because of it. You should check it as well. I don't think that your urinating pain and this thing with your leg defiantly are not related. Have you consulted someone about this? 

I am sorry your are having difficulties after your hysterectomy.  You may be having issues with your urethral sling or you could be having a urinary tract infection.  You may want to have the urethral sling checked out to ensure it is aligned where it is not irritating your urethra or vagina.  If your sling is not made of tissue from your own body, there could be a risk for erosion of the urethra or vagina. You should contact your doctor about this pain. Hopefully, your physician will determine the cause of your discomfort and treat it successfully. Good luck!