Hi, I went to my Gyno on Monday after having bad pains in lower left side of abdomen for about 2 weeks. He said I have a uterine infection and that they are rare. He didn't give me much info but he did give me 2 prescriptions to take. I started taking them, then on Saturday I started vomiting and the pains seemed worse. Do you think I have been missdiagnosed? I read on the internet about uterine infections and it doesn't make sense, what I think they are saying is that when a piece of the placenta is left in your uteris, you get sick. I am 27 and had my third child almost four years ago, so wouldn't I have gotten sick way back then? Do you think I have endometriosis? 8-| Thanks ts

I went to the Doctor just a couple days ago and they too said I had a uterine infection. They gave me aa antibiotic to take called Augmentin 875mg. I have to take it 2x daily for 10 days. The type of infection you can get in your uterus is called Staphylococcus which is a type of staph infection most common right after giving birth but can happen without just giving birth which is rare. This type of infection can get very serious it can cause you to vomit, have nausea, fevers, chills, etc..... It can also hospitalize you. I also have very bad pain on my left side but 2 days after taking this antibiotic I have felt wonderful it works great. So, you may want to call your doctor and see if you need a different antibiotic. All infections have names so don't just let them tell you that you have an infection and thats it ask them what the name is of the infection some infections are more serious than others and it is important that you know the name of the infection so you can look it up or ask more questions so you know what your dealing with.

HELP!!! I am at a loss!!! I am 48, did not have a period for 2 years and suddenly, I started bleeding and have not stopped. I started spotting in September, went into a full blown period around the first of Oct. It is Nov 25 and I have not stopped bleeding. So far, I have TAKEN three different hormones, had an endometrial biopsy that revealed no signs of cancer, a sonogram, that revealed a polyup that has since been taken out, a hysteroscopy and D&C. The hysteropscopy revealed an infection in my uterus. The day after my hysteropscopy I ended up in the hospital with severe pain and heavy heavy bleeding. They wanted to do an emergency hysterectomy and I said no. I wanted to find out what caused the infection. I was in the hospital for four days!! I have not had any births so it isn't from the placenta thing. I have have two rounds of antibiotics, and heavy doses of birth control pills. I am passing heavy clots and am using about a pad or more every hour. Sometimes it does slow down to one pad an hour. Luckly, No anemia as of yet. I am taking very good care of myself. I have ask for an endometrial ablation, but, my bleeding needs to slow down before they can do it. HELP!!!!!!!! Any suggestions? Has this happened anyone out there??

Hi, I am 30 years old and I went to my doctor after having a pains after go to toilet 20 times in 8 hours and doctor said its utreous infection. could you please tell me why is this happened with me. its started just before one week. thanks

I have endometrosis and a tilted uterus. I get uterine infections quite often. It depends on the type of infection as to whether it is rare or not. Not every infection is staph as mentioned before. You can have many different types. It also depends on a lot of other things. If you wear thong infections you can get them really easily, also if you wipe from back to front instead of front to back after using the restroom you can get them.

It depends on the type as to what it means.

As far as the post about the heavy bleeding (48 yrs old), you should really listen to your doctor. If you are clotting that badly and bleeding that much then something is not right, you should really consider what your doctor is saying and do the hysterectomy.

Hi, I too have been diagnosed with having a uterus infection. I had my second child a year ago and have not had my period since I became pregnant with my last child (so about two years ago). I have been prescribed two types of medicine that treat both bacterial and protozoa infections. Scary... I do not know how I could have gotten any infection in my uterus. I wipe the right way, so I know it cant be that. I do wear thongs, so maybe that is something. I have been having a lot of illnesses lately. I had some pain in my abdomin about 6 months ago, the doctor told me I may have an infection. Then I became ill with phneumonia, which caused a lot of issues with my asthma and also lowered my immunity so now I am sick with a cold. lol, its just my luck lately. Does anyone know how an infection in the uterus could happen, because I feel like I have to pee all the time, even if I just went.. but without a burning feeling. Why does this happen. I thought when pregnant the reason you pee so much is the weight of the growing fetus pushing on your bladder, so why is my uterus infection affecting my bladder like this? it scares me and leads me to believe that maybe there is something growing (possible tumor) inside or inside my unterus or the wall. has anyone experienced that?

To the lady who is bleeding so much... You probably have a fibroid. My mom had fibroids inside her uterin wall (very rare). Most fibroids are on the outside or inside fo the uterus, but it is kinda difficult to see fibroids inside the actual uturine wall. She just had a historectomy about 3 days ago and she has not been bleeding since. She even had them take out her ovaries so she wont have ovarian cancer. You might want to consider having the surgery.... :-)

Celebrity
My daughter has had waterworks problems since she was 3. She is 19 now. So i know quite a bit about it.
To prevent UTI
Dont bath, have showers. Dont use any sort of soaps around the area.
Always wear cotton underwear, Full panties.
Never allow the bladder to become full, an dont hang on. Go the toilet as soon as you feel you need to.
Wipe from front to back.
Avoid citrus drinks.
Empty your bladder before sex and straight away after.
Sperm can cause infections. condoms can too. Depending on how sensitive you are.
My daughter has a deformed Kidney an scaring on the same kidney due to a bad infection when she was 3. This makes her prone to infections.
She is on antibiotics for the rest of her life. Only one a day.

If there is anything else you want to ask, i will try to answer.

Hi all, I have to say that problems with women’s bits are a huge dilemma for GP's. If you have any other issue, as with me (Renal Artery Stenosis) they tend to ignore anything else you have to say. Not to mention, if you are carrying a bit of extra weight, they can't seem to see past the spare tyre.

I have had lots problems since giving birth to my daughter almost 5 years ago. The placenta was 'removed' and I had an episiotomy. After that I had really bad issues with fetid discharge for almost 6 weeks afterward. It was horrendous. I constantly told my GP and Community nurse but they kept saying that nothing was wrong. As soon as I stopped breast-feeding I got my periods and the bleeding was phenomenal.

For the last 5 years, whenever I try to exercise my glands would swell up and I'd feel crook as a dog for about 3 weeks afterward. And when I say exercise, I talking about 10 minutes on a treadmill, walking! Also, I would be ill constantly and have recurrent low-grade temperatures and abdominal pain.

I have to say that this did improve once I had a D+C two years ago to remove a large polyp and multiple small ones, which have since come back and hence I have hugely heavy periods again (using a super plus every 30 minutes or so.) and clotting constantly. I am now getting pus-like discharge when I have my periods and if I exercise, the bleeding becomes worse. I literally sit on the loo with blood dripping out. This does not stop unless I lie down for most of the day. I have been told I have anaemia and have been taking iron supplements but I am so tired of this situation. I just want to feel like me again, capable and able to do anything, not tied to the house when my periods are due and feeling ill all the time. I have been to the doctor so many times they think I am a hypochondriac.

I have always thought that I had an infection or something either in my vagina or my uterus. What can I say to the doctors to get them to listen? I want to have another baby and I am scared that it I do have an infection that it will cause a haemorrhage and put my life at risk. Am I blowing this all out of proportion here?

To the lady who was bleeding for wks and wks--that happened to me and the only thing that stopped it was that I finally went to a naturopathic dr and she used cinnamon drops to stop the bleeding. None of the hormones worked nor did a surgery I was given.

I was wondering if any of you who had a uterine infection also had small amounts of yellow/greenish discharge?  I am 41 yrs. old, have had 3 children (the youngest is almost 5) and last week had a really painful ovulation and then a couple of days later a little clump of yellow stuff came out and it has been happening like once a day since.  At first when I was looking on the internet all signs pointed to an STD . . . I have been married to the same man for 15 years . . . so immediately I thought he had been unfaithful which would be awful.  I have no fever, no itching, burning, swelling and no pain since I ovulated.  I hate going to the doctor!

Did you ever find out what was wrong? I have had similar symptoms - clumps of yellow discharge. I also have mild cramping.

it is an infection but you dopnt often get the straight out answers from doctors but it is serious.  Go bak to you gynaecologist and demand an ultra sound or even screening of discharge samples to better treat with your problem.  hope you get through:-)

danaire11 wrote:

Quote:

I was hoping for a response as well!!!  I have the same thing going on and just had a baby 7 weeks ago- we didn't wait the full 6 weeks after having her to have sex...but at my check up they said everything looked good...the discharge started AFTER my 6 week checkup....

I'm 18yo and Ive been on my period since December i think, I've also recently been put on the depo shot (maybe that could be it?) But even before my periodes were very off and recently i've had a very dark red almost brown clumps/blood. Im vary worried.. could it be signs of this infection? because i've been having pains on my lower right side.

hi i alos had for some time pain in my left side of my uterus, in two years i had many ultra sounds each time my uterus changed shape and finally found inter mural fibroid which they cannot prove unless an mri is done. i get also greenish yellow discarge that never goes away. i believe the infection alos is affecting my bladder uterus and inner lining of my uterus, this all happened after a fertility test where they  sprayed water in tomy tubes. maybe passing some bacteris into my body, if i take anti biotics it goes away, but comes back after i get off them so i decided to findout what the problem actually is. its very frustrating, and cause for depression. the doctors give any excuse possible as they don t know what is causing it. im taking some alternative medicine that seems to control it.hopefully il keep searching and il  hopefully i will find out if not what is it at least something that kills this bacter ia that is casuing me so much grief. if the medical communtiy cannot help u try alternative medicine they sem to know much more. or deal with more speicific things.