I am 15 years old and very healthy. About a year and a half ago i started to have the urge to urinate constantly, about every ten minutes i would have to get up to use the washroom, but when i attempted to urinate i couldnt. there was a very painful feeling in my vaginal area (the feeling of having to "go really bad" but increased. this lasted for about a week. then again about 5 months later, and now at about 9 months later it is happening again. this problem is found to be very annoying and i am wooried about what it is. if you have answer, please share. thank you.

omg, i feel that way too. why isn't anyone replying with an answer?

hi im 16 years old and i have exactly the same problem, and i have had it in total 6 times now, it makes me sad because i just want it to go away. i also am finding it uncomfotable to have sex now. please let me know if u find anything out.

Are you sure it isn't cycstitis? If it is, then a week of antibiotics (usually trimethoprim) gets rid of it :-) xxx

i'm 15 soon, and have this problem aswell, i thought it might of been pregnncy and i'm so worried about it, ;'ve only had it in the last 3 days but i'm so worried, does anyone know?

16 male, i got this feeling quite a while ago but went when i had a big drink. i felt it this morning and it bloody hurts, stinging and cant urinate anything really. dont know how long it will last, really annoying!!!

I haven't found the cause, but I found when I drink soda (especially coke/pepsi) it happens more, and when I quit less.

It sounds like you have a urinary tract infection (UTI). You should go see your doctor. They will test a urine sample and let you know for sure. If this is the case a simple antibiotic will help cure it. Also, drinking cranberry juice can help prevent them from reoccuring.

lol yeahh it depends...if youve had it for months itw unlikly to be a UTI although the burning does suggest that. im 18 male and iv had a similar problem for 5 almost 6 months. had every test available in hospital and they politely said "your screwed for life". If it doesnt go away in the next month or so im having a catheter fitted to try and salvage whats left of my life.

Hi hun im 22 and this happens to me on and off and cranberry juice really helps and try drink more water thn other drinks.
also if u feel its really bad go to the doc and he will give u antibiotics.

What causes it?
Cystitis usually occurs as the result of an infection.

What are the symptoms?
Common symptoms are a sharp pain when passing urine and an urgent and frequent need to pass urine, often with little or no urine being passed.

Other possible symptoms include blood in the urine, backache, loin pain, lower abdominal aches and generally feeling unwell.

Who's affected?
Although anyone can suffer with cystitis, adult women are most commonly affected. Most women get at least one attack in their lifetime.

For some women cystitis is a rare event, for others it happens four or five times a year. Cystitis is more common in sexually active women, during pregnancy and after the menopause.

How can it be prevented?
Drink at least eight glasses of water a day. Drinking one glass of cranberry juice a day is also believed to help prevent cystitis.

After visiting the toilet, women should always wipe themselves from front to back. Loose clothing and cotton underwear help, too.

Avoid potential irritants such as perfumed bath oils and vaginal deodorants. Don't douche. Always wash before and after sex, and pass water as soon after sex as possible.

What's the treatment?
Treatment options include:

Drinking half a pint of water straight away and every 20 minutes for three hours to flush out the urinary system
Making the urine less acidic by mixing a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda with half a pint of water
Antibiotics may be prescribed by a doctor if a bacterial infection is present

Ask the doctor for advice if this is the first time cystitis has occurred, if the symptoms don't improve after 24 hours or get worse, if blood is present in the urine or if symptoms are accompanied by fever, loin pain or lower backache.

i'm 15 too!! i'm having the exact same problem...i was so worried that i could have been pregnant!! but i'm pretty sure i'm not, my bf and i were messing around and now for the past few days that's been happening to me!! i want it to stop!!

I have the same thing and it came first right after a stomach flu. Then it when away and now it's back again. It's miserable but I find that Motrin helps with the constant urge and related pain. I'm actually going to the doctor tomorrow to rule out anything more serious and to perhaps take a round of antibiotics. I didn't have to before and I just assumed then that it was a part of the virus. I do drink Cranberry Juice every day and trying to stay away from pop. Seems like all drinks go right through me. Hence I'm also always thirsty. It's hard to get anything done and I've gained weight as a consequence. Good luck.

I went off Effexor and went a little, I'm now taking Flo-Max to go. This really sucks. I just had an oparation to open me up so it would flow better. The Effexor messed me up for life.

i suffer from cystitis loads nd it makes me feel bluh like i just want to lay in bed and feel sorry for myself lol. but there is something you can get from the chemist. Its a powder that u mix with water, u have 6 drinks over 2 days and it realy helps. But if you think you've got cystitis i would do something about it because i had it once and didnt do anything about it and it turned into a kidney infection nd i couldnt move for days because my back hurt so much and was on antibiotics, bt i dont think that happens often.
anyways hope that helps any one

i have the same freaking problem.. that urge to go to the bathroom real often. and on some days it's worse than others.. it sucks !!! i want a normal life lol.. but seriously it's annoying u can't do anything without worrying if theres going to be a bathroom