So, I had an abortion last Thursday March 17th so I am still in recovery ..& everything is going just fine. I just have one questions about Urinary Tract Infections ... if I did happen to get a UTI would that cause any kind of complications related with the abortion. Since I am still in the recovery period and all.

Not that I have a UTI ... I am just wondering because I have been taking these antibiotics for a week [my last one was this morning] and my mother told me to drink a lot of cranberry juice while taking antibiotics after having my wisdom teeth pulled because it can flush out the good bacteria down there ...that helps keep us healthy.

So if anyone knows or has experience with this ...let me know!
Thanks

The reason you had to take the antibiotics after the abortion is exactly to prevent the possibility of any kind of infection happening while your genital area is still sensitive. And your mother is absolutely right - cranberry juice is one of the best home remedies for the urinary tract infections - even if you don't have one, its healthy and has vitamins you will need to recover. So, you're doing everything ok now.

Thank you nikols ...but yeah, I am done with the antibiotics now ...& I feel perfectly fine after just a week. I just wanted to make sure that a UTI couldn't cause in complications or anything, since I had been taking the antibiotics but hadn't upped my cranberry or fiber intake.

Thanks again!

What if you had a small uti before having a medical abortion?