my grandson (15) had a blood test for his sugar level. After the test he had a seizure that the doctor said was a vasel vagel. He never had a seizure before. His blood sugar level was 127.The doctor did not recommend any thing except to watch his intact of sugar. Is this common when you get a blood test?

My son is 17, he had his first vasel vagel seizure when he was about 5. They were always triggered by a sudden pain, like running into the corner of a table or one time getting his hand ran over while roller skating. They don't happen often but they are scary when it does. he hadn't had one in years so I thought he out grew it ( the dr. said he would) then two months ago he ran into the eraser holder on the chalk board at school and had one. And again last night ( this time there was no pain assoicated with it ) . The only thing I've heard about it is . it's caused by a sudden drop in blood pressure. drinking gatorade could help. and I always tell him when he feels it coming on to sit down. P.S. My other son is an insulin dependent diabetic and they are two totally different seizures.