My daughter had a seizure almost a year ago, it happened during her sleep and 1 hour before her usual awaking time. Took her to the hospital, did several studies, EEG, CAT SCAN, nothing came up wrong. Prior to the seizure that day around noon, she hit herself hard on the head while roller skating in the house, but nothing serious seemed to happen at the time and she was fine the rest of the day. The doctors said that it was unlikely that this caused the seizure since nothing showed up on the cat scan, and that it was a common thing that young children sometimes have seizures with no apparent cause and never happen again.
She is five now and hasn’t had another seizure since that first one. Should I still be worried about this, is it possible that she suffered an epileptic seizure that could repeat again or should I discard this possibility since almost a year has passed?
Thank´s.