Halo sir, i have got this cough problem for the past 5--6 months back.Earlier it felt like something is stuck in the throat and when i try to cough nothing came out but these days some amount of white thick liquid comes out.In the morning time sumtimes it is thick green in colour. I constantly keep clearing my throat and keep on as if swallowing something so that the cough or that liquid goes down. It always feels like sum cough is stuck in the throat.Its really irritating...plz help me out .with this symptom i am also having an associated shoulder pain sum time..

Sorry to hear this vicky.. Before suggesting a remedy this let me ask few more questions..

Do u smoke or live with people who smoke?

Do u have a blocked nose or nasal discharge?

Do u have gastric problems?

Is ur phlegm foul smelling?

Since ur telling it is green only in morning times it may be a post nasal drip.. The mucus from ur nose gets accumulated in ur throat during night and it comes out when u cough up morning.. And the thick white phlegm through out day after that green mucus may be due to the infection of mucus dripped from ur nose..

thnks for the reply......i dont smoke and not surrounded by any smokers....but i use to smoke 6-7 yrs back bt not regular.now i hv stopped iti dont hv blokd nose nor a nasal discharge. bt sumtimes i feel like having a nasal discharge bt i guess that may be due to the changing weather. yes i hav gastric problem. phelgum is not foul smelling. i also hav a eating habbit of panmasala nd tobacco but not much. i dont understand why this problem is continuing since the last 4-5 months....waiting eagerly for ur reply....thank u.

may be its due to GERD.. If ur overweight try reducing ur weight.. And try to stop the habit of chewing pan masala and tobacco..

Hope this helps..

these days i hv stoppd chewing pan masala......well i m not overweight i guess.my wt is 70 and my height is 5.8.if its due to gerd, what shd i do. should fluconazole 150 wld be beneficial for me?

consult ur physician.. dont take tablets on ur own..

i hv consulted the physician also.he says its nothing nd will go by the time.........god knows when it wld go. Well can it be due to some acidity problem....

Does your sinus or nostrills have crust? I have had the same problem as you described above. I found out I had crust from my nostrills went down to my throat. I kept cough with large amount of mucus and felt itchy in my throat. Cough subsided when I got the crust out. Another possibility is that you have a large chunck of food stuck in the troat that will cause cough.