ok, and just how did he ever think that this was going to be cool?

Man Accused Of Desecrating Corpse From Civil War-Era Tomb
Suspect Accused Of Twisting Off Corpse's Spine, Collarbone, Skull

NEWBURYPORT, Mass. -- A young man performing court-ordered community service in a cemetery has been charged with desecrating a Civil War-era tomb, pulling apart the skeleton, and posing for pictures with the skull and other bones.

"It's bizarre, absolutely bizarre," police Lt. Richard Siemasko said. "I can't even imagine what was in his head. This is just a whole new level of weird for me."

Neil J. Goodwin Jr., 19, of Salisbury, was working at the city's Old Hill Burying Ground on Aug. 17 as part of his court-ordered community service for a burglary conviction.

Prosecutors said Goodwin, who was on probation for breaking into an apartment building last fall, kicked in the thin marble entrance to the tomb marked "1863 Pierce," and twisted off the decomposed corpse's spine, collarbone and skull.

Police said they got an anonymous tip on Saturday, and later received three photos of Goodwin holding the bones. Police would not say who took the pictures or identified Goodwin, but they do not expect to make more arrests.

Investigators found the skull in a hole about 15 feet from the tomb.

Goodwin was arraigned Wednesday in Newburyport District Court on charges of desecrating a corpse and breaking into a tomb, both felonies. He was ordered held on $10,000 cash bail and is scheduled to return to court on Sept. 22.

Siemasko said the city plans to hire a funeral home to piece the skeleton back together, so it can be replaced in its casket.

Police were still trying to determine the exact identity of the grave's occupant, but the body could be that of Civil War veteran Willard Balch Pierce, according to curator Jay Williamson of the Historical Society of Old Newbury.

This guy should be forced to wear a gps unit on his ankle for the rest of his life so that he can be tracked at all times. I guarantee he's going to make the news again in some non-law abiding way.

WTF?

he's a scary unit. :umno:

WTF is right. This guy's a loser.

WTF is right. This guy's a loser.

i think LOSER would be a promotion. yeah keep track of this weirdo he's bound to show up again.

Classy. Real classy. He seems really stable and responsible.

Perhaps he should get the same judge that set the $ 250K bail for the gun violation...

I often wonder what goes through the mind of people like that. I am convinced they have no discernible brain matter to begin with.

It boggles the mind!

I think he must have legitimate psychological problems.

Had to be some mind altering substances involved, no?