I've had the following problem for years. No matter what I eat I suffer from belching, frequently violent - no heartburn though. This happens mostly after evening meal, with the burping starting even after a few hours. Often I get up during the night, sit up and thump on my stomach until the trapped gas is belched, mostly violently. After this belching bout I take a Rennie and sleep well till morning. I do not take any medication except metformin/diamocon diuring meals. I tried taking charcoal pills and digestive ensymes but these did not make any particular difference.

Any suggestions as to how I can get rid of this nuisance please?

did you have problems with belching before you started metformin and diamocon? The reason I'm asking is that the most common adverse effect for both of these medications are digestive problems - from diarrhea, nausea to excessive production of gas and flatulence. These effects usually get better the longer you are on the medication, as your body adjusts to it, but in cases when this doesn't happen it's usually recommended to lower the dose you take. Of course, this is not something that you should do on your own. Instead, you should talk with a doctor who gives you the prescription and explain how big has the problem become,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

No I think I've had it before