If anyone has any comments of suggestions I can take to doctors visit I would GREATLY appreciate it :-)

OK...he we go. For about two or three months now (that i can remember) I have had some stomach issues. It started as a month stint of diarreah and stomach flu that I assumed was some sort of food poisioning. That cleared up and bowel movements were again normal. Now, for the past month or two - my stomach literally seems to attack or revolt against food when I eat anything. I get severe Gas pressure only relieved by burping - sometimes constantly. This starts about 10 minutes after eating anything...just long enough to eat and think this time it will be a non-painful meal. The discomfort and belching and bloating will last for about an hour and a half and then I feel better. I get this way with anything I eat - fatty worse than non-fatty...but all food does it to me. At times with this I will get sharp pains in my chest. I do not know if tis is a gas bubble I haven't burped yet - or my anxiety because this problem still persists after two months...but its scary nonetheless. I sleep with three pillows under my head in case it may be reflux - and always carry rolaids/tums in case i get severe pain out of nowhere. This is effecting my everyday life and happiness. I am a single mom of two small children (7 and 18 mos) and I need my strength back :-(

P. S My Dad takes Nexium...and brother takes Aciphex...so yes tummy issues seem to run in the family. I have asked about their symptoms and neither mentioned the sever gas pressure and pain. They have Gerd/Acid reflux...but Im wonderin if mine is something else do to the Gas/bloating???

Any suggestions you can make would be appreciated!!!

You and some members of your family may be victims of Celiacs Disease (Gluten Intolerance). Since gluten is in most foods that is probably why symptoms appear when you eat almost anything. Celiacs has the same symptoms as GERD or IBS and is genetic. It is the most under diagnosed disorder in America. Hope this helps. :-D

Have you had an ultrasound to be tested for gallstones? your pain sounds a lot like what I had experienced until I was diagnosed with gallstones.

I have almost the exact same problem, have had it for months.. still haven't gone to a doctor. I'd love to know what you find out..

I have been experiencing issues for several weeks now. I am having extreme gas pains after every meal. In fact sometimes even while I am eating. It doesn't matter how much or how little I eat, it always happens. I have tried treating it with Phazyme and Gas EX but that doesn't always help. I am thinking that I might be subject to IBS... Is there anyone out there that might know about this? I am going to the doctor this week to have it checked out. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

JMead

I have been having bloating and gas all the way up to my chest feels like i can't breath good sometimes everything i take don't seem to help. i burp all the time. I had been dianosed with h pylori at one time. if anyone finds any help please pass it along.

Ok, I've had all of the following symptoms severely for the last 2 years: gas, bloating, stomach cramps, acid reflux, nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, weakness, lethargy, etc. I'm lactose intolerant and have tried to avoid wheat , pastries, bread, sugar, and all other "bad" types of food. I'm so confused because sometimes I get symptoms and sometimes I don't. I've been tested for celiac and the tests were negative and I don't have stomach ulcers. My doctor keeps telling me I have IBS - but that tells me absolutely nothing!! I'm still feeling horrible all the time and I eat super well (lots of veggies, fruit, fish, low fat meats, whole grains etc. and NO c**p) I crave sweets a lot and bread...oh, how I miss bread!!! I'm very active - I run, bike and do yoga and I have a healthy weight. I'm so confused with my diet....I feel I don't know what to eat anymore!!! My doctor also told me it had nothing to do with the food I eat, it's just my digestive system that doesn't work properly!!! HELP!

I have similar issues.
After I eat, I get a bad acid feeling in my stomach, with gas, which makes me belch.
The other worry is that I often get sudden sweats, usually about 2 hours after I wake up.
I know that I should eat healthier and give up smoking(about 10 a day)

If I knew exactly what was wrong, I would tackle this problem, which appears to be worse in the evenings, with the stomach burning more.
I have taken various medication for this, but it never works.

I have had something similar. About 2 months ago I came down with what i thought was a sever stomach virus- lots and lots of belching, nausea and diarrhea. I had it for 5 days - nasty. Since then I have moved toward normal, but after eating red meat for the first time I had the exact same symptoms again! I have had a normal CT scan and am scheduled for endoscopy and colonoscopy. The Dr. thinks it may be IBS. I am very worried. Has anyone on this post had any luck with things like this, or had resolution to their own posted problems?

Hopeful,

Jim

I have many of the same symptoms as others have posted, I am lactose intollerent and lately seems everything I eat causes bloating and gassiness. I have found that drinking aloe vera juice calms my stomach more than lactaid or any thing else. I also take acidophilus daily as well as digestive enzymes. I am unsure why I'm having these issues lately and figure a doctor visit is in order, but, before these current issues, the aloe vera juice and acidophilus worked very well. Stress may play a factor in some of it as stress can cause a lot of problems.

Doris

I also have the same symptoms as Alice's post. Everyday, no matter what I eat, I get extreme gas and bloating and am in a lot of pain. It's ok in the morning but gets REALLY bad towards later in the day, esp after dinner. I've been diagnosed with IBS and have been on Xifaxin antibiotics several times, but no help. This is cyclical, it comes and goes, but right now, it's really bad everyday. I don't know what to do anymore. I've had allergy tests done and I'm allergic to wheat, rye, bran, coffee, eggwhites, chocolate and corn. I didn't eat those today(but white bread, not wheat) and I'm extremely bloated again. I had a large bm this morning and the gas came right after that? Do any of you suffer from gas esp after emptying a lot?

I have been having same exact problem for a couple of years, went and saw a few "top notch" specialists, and they all looked for the obvious cancer. When they didn't find that darm cancer in this otherwise healthy 28 year-old female, they gave up and marked me as an IBS victim.

So I suffered, and suffered, through long meetings, gatherings, awkward job interviews while my gut was wreaking havoc.

One day I had enough of it. I went to a family doctor and he ran extensive stool tests, and guess what, he found traces of this bacteria called Clostridium Difficile. Finally, I know what the problem was, and I can now take antibiotics and HEAL.

My advice: GET YOUR STOOL TESTED, OUNCE BY OUNCE!!! :-)

My 8 year old son has been having similar symptoms since Christmas. Upper GI showed some reflux. Rx for this not working. Complains of tight, full feeling after anything he eats or drinks. Lost 10 pounds in short period of time because he's choosing not to eat because he feels so rotten when he does. Dr. is saying his belly is producing too much acid, but Rx should be taking care of this. Now Dr. is saying mind body connection as he struggles with anxiety/depression. Reading these posts and knowing other people suffering the same, I think it's some kind of virus. Anyone?

I have a lot of these issues and I have Crohn's Disease, the terminal illieum kind. Remicade infusions work for me, but it starts to fade away near the end and I get a stomach ache with lots of burping and a little gas after everything I eat, my stomach feels hot and sweaty when this happens to. In the beginning I used to sweat quite a bit. Go see a gastroenterologist. First try stopping milk products to rule out lactose intolerance. If that doesn't help after a week or two try cutting out bread and anything remotely wheat/gluten related to rule out celiacs disease. If that doesn't help after 2 weeks or so go see a gastro doctor. Good luck.

I can relate so well to some of the posts about the digestion issues. I am getting very concerned. I changed my diet and lifestyle this year. The last 5 months I've lost 13 lbs or so, been eating fresh whole foods, eliminating bread, cutting back on meat, cutting back on dairy. I splurge very seldom and thought I got food poinsoning after a burger, fries and milkshake the other day. Got massive bloating right away (looked preganant) alot of discomfort and what I would describe as a pressure knot above my stomach when I sat up and tried to take a deep breath. About 7 hours went by, I had gone to bed and woke up nauseous and vomitted. I felt better after that and took it easy the next couple days. 2 days later I continued to feel lightly nauseous at times, but the knot and bloating happened again, this time with mediterranean foods. I rested, after a day of biking and walking and had to eat something later even though I had no desire to. But I had a huge calorie deficit from all the exercise so I made spaghetti with turkey meatballs and green beans. Same thing happened. All night, I felt as if I had absolutely gorged myself (which I did not do any of these times) and paid the price. last night I could have vomitted but held back and now I continue to pay for dinner last night and it is almost 6pm the next day!! Something is wrong and I have no idea where to turn.

I use DietPower software to log all of my calories and exercise. The program tracks my nutrients and I discovered that I get less than 50% of the potassium I need per day. I bought supplements over the counter and began to take 4-600 mg with meals each day to get my levels back up. I had had muscle twitches and heart arrhythmia (palpitations) for years and no doctor could help. They said all my levels were fine, but the foods I eat on a day to day basis indicated otherwise. I try now to incorporate as many potassium rich foods as I can. The potassium seemed to have helped, as I took it for about a week with very few twitches and no palpitations. When I purchased a new bottle, however, the potassium was proteinate instead of chloride (I think?) and I believe that this all started happening at that time. I'm not taking any more of the potassium, which I've heard can upset your stomach, so we'll see what happens. But I took it with meals and the first bottle of a different formula had no ill side effects whatsoever.

Is any of this related? Can anyone help me?