Hi, my girlfriend is using virtual hypnotist as a method of self hypnosis. She says that it is much better than self hypnosis tapes. I don't understand why she is so exited. She sits in front of the computer and says that this relaxes her. How is this possible? I use the computer at my office and I only feel stressed out after.

Hello, your girlfriend is using a software application that provides virtual hypnosis session. It is like having a personal hypnotist seance in the comfort of your own home. The software is equipped with voice recognition, speech synthesis and some other features. The purpose of these applications is to able virtual hypnotist to imitate the real hypnotherapy session as much as possible. I myself am not a fan of virtual hypnotist, or self hypnosis in general. I believe that nothing can substitute real live session with the therapist, but that is just my opinion. If virtual hypnotist is what helps your girlfriend to relax after long hard day at work than she should go right ahead and enjoy her sessions.