Hi. I am a guy who is 15 years old and I have a problem with self-esteem. My brother mentioned me something about self hypnotherapy. I am not quite sure I fallow what it's about. I mean, I get that the name says a lot, but it means nothing to me. Could you explain to me how this self hypnotherapy works?

You mean those hypnosis tapes. You know, it is not like I don't believe in hypnosis. I really do. But those tapes are really plain garbage. I used a few of them to get myself to quit smoking. They just don't work. You don't need some tape to tell you that you are great, because you know that already. If you want to raise your self – esteem, start doing something creative, and start acting in spite your fears. Once you realize that fear just makes you stronger and not weaker, you will be good as new.