I had a Pap test last week and the doctor said I had two white spots. Like a loss of pigmentation on my vulva. He said a steroid crème would probably take care of the itching there, but to be sure He recommended a biopsy of the vulva. I need some info how biopsy of vulva is performed.

I have similar symptoms when I had yeast infection. I did some research about white spots and itching on the vulva. They may be due to benign conditions such as squamous cell hyperplasia, lichen sclerosis also be a sign of vulvar dysplasia or cancer. A biopsy is necessary to make a definitive diagnosis, even in benign conditions; a biopsy can help pinpoint the exact cause of itching. I had a vulvar biopsy. Don’t worry A vulvar biopsy is quick and not too painful. Your doctor will cleanse the area and inject a small amount of local anesthetic; usually a punch biopsy is done using an instrument akin to a small cookie cutter. They use Sliver nitrate sticks or other methods to stop the small amount of bleeding. I am sure that a biopsy is the best way to determine exactly what is causing your white itchy spots.