I am 9 months pregnant and about a month and a half ago, I noticed some itchiness in the vaginal area. When I checked it out I noticed white spots on on the right and left sides. I had my OB look at it and she mentioned it could be an STD. I ruled this out right away cause myself and my husband have not had sex since I was about 6.5 months pregnant. And believe it or not, we are eacother's first and only sexual partners. He does not have problems in his genital area like I do. After a while it went away. My doctor also mentioned it could be due to moisture down there and that I should not be wearing thongs . . which I do on occasion. Well it came back like a week ago. It doesn't hurt to urinate at all. Just some white spots on the right inner labia which are a bit itchy. Just want to know what it could be . . .. is it a moisture issue? Should I constantly be trying to keep it dry? THis is difficult as I have constant discharge because I am so far along in my pregnancy. I want to be sure this is not something serious!!!

Go get it checked out. It sounds like Lichen Sclerosis. A chronic inflammatory skin condition of the genital skin.It needs to be treated if that's what it is. .

They Don't know what it is or what causes Lichen Sclerosis. I've been through the grind..on itchy, creepy crawly, electrical..with white hard dots.

I finally went to an endcrinologist because my health was getting worse after 3 years of increased and intense itching. (no it's not yeast...like every gyno want's to tell you)

I will tell you FINALLY, I was hypothyroid...which possibly is, and is looking and leaning toward Hashimoto's disease..which is an overactive immune response...which also what is a possilbe cause for Lichen Sclerosis.

If you have had some unexplained body bloat and weight gain..along with fatigue, other "aging" feeling tiredness and body aches and stiffnes..you could be hypothyroid.
I felt like I was in a 90 year old body..but after only ONE week on thyroid supplement...I am 80% better. I'm waiting for other issues to clear up soon.

Get that Thyroid levels checked out if anything else and you are not getting answers.

If vaginal itching is found to be caused by the normal PH changes of the vagina that occur during pregnancy, there are a number of self-help treatments that you can try to relieve the itching and lower the PH of the vagina.

It sounds like a skin condition called "lichensclorosis"sp? I had to practically diagnose myself 17 years ago. Read up on it and have your doctor do a skin biopsy. Then only let them prescribe a super cortisteroid, that is the only thing that will relieve it just use it sparingly. It can range from severe to mild, I am somewhere in the middle. It isn't life threatening so don't worry. Look it up.