I had sex for the very first time on January 1, 2014. We did not use protection and I was not on birth control. He did not finish because I made him stop because it hurt too much. My last period was on 12/9/13 and ended 12/14/13. My period is not always regular but according to my period tracker on my phone it says 26 days in your average cycle. I'm freaking out and need some help and some answers.

Hi Katy,

It's normal for you to worry about getting pregnant, especially the first time.

You had sex 23 days after your period started so it should be near when you expect your period.  Odds are VERY GOOD that you will not get pregnant.  Your egg was likely NOT viable at that point.  You would normally ovulate between about days 11 and 16 of your cycle, the egg is only viable for about 48 hours after ovulation. 

It's also normal for it to hurt and for you to be uncomfortable for a bit.  Your body is just not used to having sex.

If you plan on being sexually active use a form of birth control.  The pull out method IS NOT reliable. 

Hope it helps.

Thank you very much! Is it normal for it to burn whenever i urinate now? And how long should I wait to take a pregnancy test?

It can burn a bit urinating but it should go away soon. It can be due to the trauma of having sex BUT it can also indicate that you have a urinary tract infection. They are common in women after having sex.

If it continues see your doctor.

You need to wait AT LEAST two weeks before you test. Pregnancy tests are not immediate, it takes time for the level of hCG, the pregnancy hormone, to rise high enough to be detected. False negatives are common testing early. Use your first morning urine (wake up pee) for the best accuracy.

If you have a "normal" period, like your others, it is VERY unlikely you are pregnant.

Good luck.